What do all the “BUH.....civil liberties” people think of this?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Seems like LEOs are in serious need of better training on where our rights and their jobs meet.
I don't think this is a training issue. I think they probably know that already, at least when it comes to this video. This is more about ego and stress management (or lack thereof) IMO

Reactions: john4surf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't think this is a training issue. I think they probably know that already, at least when it comes to this video. This is more about ego and stress management (or lack thereof) IMO
A complete lack of accountability and us vs them attitude is a large part of it as well. @GDaddy, whip up your defense for this one yet?

Reactions: $kully

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
everyone needs to know that the supreme court has repeatedly affirmed our right to film LEO

he failed to comply with the officer's request to move back, had he done that it would not have
been a problem

he could have filmed from a different position

as cameras continue to proliferate, piece of sh!t cops like this will continue to lose their
ability to operate with impunity

fk the bosses

Reactions: grapedrink

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Vallejo seems like a bad area. I went hunting with a bunch of guys a couple of years ago, one of whom was Vallejo PD. Being Vallejo PD seems like a full-contact sport. The cop showed me video of him "filling his tag" on Willie McCoy who was a violent guy who had been arrested for kidnapping and child trafficking and was passed-out with a gun in his lap.

Best thing to do is disband the Vallejo PD, wall it off, and pass out guns.

You all don't have to worry, we won't have police forces much longer. Then you can defend yourselves!
Also, selection.

Pick better people.

I fear the current climate will drive quality people away from the profession.

Why would a reasonable person want to be a cop now?

They are doing the same thing in education.
Yep. It already is. Same thing in most professions.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Also, selection.

Pick better people.

I fear the current climate will drive quality people away from the profession.

Why would a reasonable person want to be a cop now?

They are doing the same thing in education.
Public service of any type is the worst career in America right now. Everyone hates you.