Whatever happened to SurfTech?

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I was never a fan of the feeling - but it appears that they are still manufacturing stuff. Anyone have any insight into the business / and/or thoughts on performance?

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Adult learners after wavestorm buy em up after fb post how great they are. Prone paddle boards benefit from tech and still think bark uses surftech.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I have a sharp eye disco cheater from them, they no longer do the hard shell composite, it's all regular glassed EPS. Mostly stringerless and future flex now. Board feels great.

Black

OTF status
Jan 1, 2015
UK
I have 2 surftech:

A TLPC construction 3 years old - light and bombproof. One small compression on the deck where I dropped onto it ankle first from a height. Great all round boar.

A fusion construction - super light glassed stringerless eps, less than a year old. Lots of deck compressions, I cracked the rail when I knocked my heel on it turning to catch a wave - just looking at it causes marks to appear. However its lighter than a human sperm, has a ton of pop and just doesn't stop. Will get you places other boards can't and guaranteed smiles every surf.

All my other boars are normal pu/pe, honest.

njsurfer42

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2006
shrouded in a 5/4
Prone paddle boards benefit from tech and still think bark uses surftech.
yup...surftech seems more focused on SUP & they've definitely made traditional paddleboards more accessible...whether that's a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion, i guess.

edit to add: just looked at the boards they offer & there's a gun-ish offering from nsp. who's going to buy a board for 2-3x OH surf from nsp? is there really a market for that?

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
yup...surftech seems more focused on SUP & they've definitely made traditional paddleboards more accessible...whether that's a good or bad thing is a matter of opinion, i guess.

edit to add: just looked at the boards they offer & there's a gun-ish offering from nsp. who's going to buy a board for 2-3x OH surf from nsp? is there really a market for that?
Seriously nsp? Be like dtrump packing your parachute for you before you go sky diving:toilet:

• Haha
Reactions: hammies and Woke AF

warble2

Gerry Lopez status
May 5, 2008
I saw this pic on another thread regarding a homosexual surf camp. Seem about right, not that there's anything wrong with that.

From what I see in the water, the VALs (vulnerable adult learners) moved on from Surftech to GSI and now currently going straight on Torqs

imagen1.jpg

Apr 10, 2021
Space Coast
I had two Surftech boards through the years both were a long time ago. Thinking it had to be 15 years ago. One board rode great and the other sucked.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
weird they are not around anymore, used to see the 'truck' up and down the coast stuffing the local surf shops with their boards.