Tiger Woods cut out of his roll-over with the ‘jaws of life’ this morning!

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
They do and did in this case. When on earth has blood test been considered privileged info. You're just making up phrases now. You really are a dumb motherfooker.
For sure, the hospital did a toxicology report before they even considered treating him. No way would they give him meds, or anesthesia, prior to surgery, unless they knew what was already in his system.

Cops are giving him a pass by not issuing subpoenas for that lab work.

Driftcoast

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2002
It is odd. World-class athlete flooring the accelerator w/o touching the brake :unsure: Wouldn't the hospital check his blood to see if he is intoxicated or high before surgery? Or is that patient's privileged info?
Asleep at the wheel if not on pills

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
For sure, the hospital did a toxicology report before they even considered treating him. No way would they give him meds, or anesthesia, prior to surgery, unless they knew what was already in his system.
This is incorrect information

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I've never been given a toxicology test prior to meds, anesthesia, surgery etc, including at the ER. Can anyone here verify they have?

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I know they blood type prior to surgery. I would think wanting to know if a patient is under the influence of something that could monkey with anesthesia could be important...like fentanyl and other opiates which are already respiratory depressants. I think if you go in for scheduled surgery it's probably different and them asking the patient is enough.

For car accidents screening for drugs and alcohol is standard as part of the law enforcement investigation.

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Some friends made me go into the ER the day after an injury while we were having a couple of beers and I showed them my swollen ballsack. The nurse who was ultrasounding my nuts could smell it on my breath. She asked me in an accent, "had a bit of the drink tonight, aye?". I couldn't really lie. They still gave me morphine when I arrived and another blast of it before I left.

billypilgrim

Nep status
Apr 19, 2017
I knew a guy who was skating a contest, ate it and snapped one of the bones in his arm. He was coked up and on some other sh!t. They held him in the hospital and wouldn't put the rods/pins in his arm until he came down off whatever he was on.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
You can't detain (hold) someone in a hospital without placing them on a legal psychiatric hold (5150).

I would venture to guess that a doctor would be more exposed to legal liability from not treating someone who was intoxicated than from treating them.
Drunk/stoned/high people are anesthetized and medically/surgically treated all the time. You gotta get them in the CT scanner, you gotta sedate then.
You don't wait around for toxicology results.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
As someone who may or may not have beaten the absolute **** out of more than one rental car on unfamiliar California highways I can see how a stone cold sober Tiger Woods may have been going too fast for what was ahead in that rental.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
You can't detain (hold) someone in a hospital without placing them on a legal psychiatric hold (5150).

I would venture to guess that a doctor would be more exposed to legal liability from not treating someone who was intoxicated than from treating them.
Drunk/stoned/high people are anesthetized and medically/surgically treated all the time. You gotta get them in the CT scanner, you gotta sedate then.
You don't wait around for toxicology results.
Are you a certified MD?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Nut to do wit Tiger.

Knew a lady whose kid was a pill popper. Mostly Molly.

Showed up to knee reconstruction surgery hopped up. They tried to put him under, he ripped the mask off within three inhalations and went about destroying the surgical theater in a sudden violent rage. It took 4 security guards to stop him and get him cuffed and zip locked at the ankles, before carrying him away to the looney bin.

Apparently, they didn't check what he was on first.

:socrazy:

• Wow
Reactions: PJ and r32

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Pre-operative, pre-surgical drug screening is not a thing. Drug screens aren't accomplished in minutes. They take a few hours. Elective surgeries are usually scheduled for the morning. Patients are instructed to have had nothing to eat or drink for 12 hours or so before the surgery. Nurses and an anesthetists would have carefully assessed your friend's son before they started to put him down. Some people have unpredictable reactions to anesthesia regardless of whether they use molly or other drugs. Fucked up people are assessed and anesthetized all the time, for example following a severe auto accident or shooting. You can't wait around for hours to see what their tox screen shows.

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Pre-operative, pre-surgical drug screening is not a thing. Drug screens aren't accomplished in minutes. They take a few hours. Elective surgeries are usually scheduled for the morning. Patients are instructed to have had nothing to eat or drink for 12 hours or so before the surgery. Nurses and an anesthetists would have carefully assessed your friend's son before they started to put him down. Some people have unpredictable reactions to anesthesia regardless of whether they use molly or other drugs. Fucked up people are assessed and anesthetized all the time, for example following a severe auto accident or shooting. You can't wait around for hours to see what their tox screen shows.

or days, if the lab isn't local!

my REGULAR blood work takes 11 days, and that's just a normal annual screening.

i'd imagine stuff like tox screens being a bit more complicated, but i know nothing about it actually.