Who Got Poked (Besides Your Mom)

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
You are bragging about living in Florida holy sh!t :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
One and only trip to florida I was skating coco beach park with wife. A 30 something beer bellied guy was only other skater with older lady. He kept talking to me and wanting to sit down and drink but I came to skate. One point I stood up to skate again after h20 break and guy comes up to me and whispers..." by the way datz not my mom itz my girlfriend"....:foreheadslap: Also during same place driving on highway to Kennedy Space Center see dude un back of truck solo sitting on huge cooler drinking beer.

Norm'

Duke status
Jan 31, 2003
Lovetron
I don't know anyone who got badly sick from covid, but I do know a bunch of people who got badly sick from the vaccine. Therefore, I won't be getting the shot(s).

Science you if you don't like my science, I'm not here to be science judged by people who don't share the same science as my people. You couldn't understand my truth. Science, sciencey science.
No you don't.

ghost_of_lewis_samuels

Phil Edwards status
Oct 27, 2019
I don't know anyone who got badly sick from covid, but I do know a bunch of people who got badly sick from the vaccine. Therefore, I won't be getting the shot(s).

Science you if you don't like my science, I'm not here to be science judged by people who don't share the same science as my people. You couldn't understand my truth. Science, sciencey science.
Your science dictates that you take precautions based only on what you see in people that you know?

Bob

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2001
Oxnard

Don't really believe you. Sorry.

Reactions: toPBk

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
This post shows that you aren't really free. Your emotions are controlling your online persona.
I was gonna say that he seemed unnecessarily defensive, yeah.

Do whatever you want imo, stringcheese. It's annoying that I still have to wait for the vaccine, but once I and the people I care about are able to get it idgaf what others do.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
Guy I knew at the gym got the virus. Got over it, no biggie. Then got it again. Then he died. So I got the vaccine

• Wow
Reactions: toPBk and PJ

VaB

Michael Peterson status
Nov 14, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Of course it loops back around to "why can't you just wear a mask" for you. I have to stop my eyes from rolling so hard I lose my balance when I read that.

"taking it seriously" isn't some line that you are on one side of, and people who don't have your level of fear are on the other side of.

If you are worried about what will happen to you, or someone around you, by contacting one of these covid strains, do what you need to do. Wear a mask, get a vaccination, live in a bubble for the next six years for all I care. More power to you. Tell grandma not to go to the restaurant. Tell your diabetic uncle not to go to the game. Stop asking me, who's life has been affected for over a year ONLY by the restrictions, and not the virus, to do shlt to make you feel safer until you say it's OK to be normal again because your fear is more real than my acceptance of known personal risk.
I think its more of a societal risk than personal risk but i do appreciate you thinking about your argument.

same for heroin use, moto helmet law, seatbelt law all personal risk but higher societal consequence.

now ebola - that is more personal risk....

and be glad you haven't faced personal loss of life from the virus. if you did though, would you regret it?

surfercross

OTF status
Oct 19, 2006
You are bragging about living in Florida holy sh!t :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Hell yeah at least our governor isn't a fear monger. Telling people to stay home while he eats out in a restaurant . Closes down businesses but his vineyard can stay open. People are leaving California in droves which is great for the ones that want to stay and live in a sate run by a donkey retard.

surfercross

OTF status
Oct 19, 2006
For me it has nothing to do with the news. I've been directly affected by it. My best friend and his girlfriend got it and he spent a month in bed while she spent three months on a ventilator in the ICU. My neighbors caught it a few months ago and He was rushed to the hospital within 3 days of showing symptoms. My boss just lost three family members in the same week.
I understand that a majority of people who contract it recover with relatively few problems but, there is the chance of dying or contracting life long illness from it. No sir, I will not take the chance of ruining my family's life because I think I'm stronger than the virus.
Sorry for your loss! Did they have any comorbidities? Did they stay inside and increase their viral load by staying indoors. Thats why lockdowns don't work for this particular virus. You are stronger than the virus and so can most people. Stop living in fear and believe you are stronger. Everybody I know has had it and nothing more than loss of taste and smell. I had a sore throat for 4 hours.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kaido and One-Off

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Sorry for your loss! Did they have any comorbidities? Did they stay inside and increase their viral load by staying indoors. Thats why lockdowns don't work for this particular virus. You are stronger than the virus and so can most people. Stop living in fear and believe you are stronger. Everybody I know has had it and nothing more than loss of taste and smell. I had a sore throat for 4 hours.
Before you were symptomatic, how many people did you infect?

Reactions: toPBk

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Got #2 Pfizer yesterday. Barely felt the first, but I’ve feeling beat up today. Like I was in a rollover accident without injuries and general “bleh” feeling. Oh well, guess it’s working :unsure:

On a positive note my Microsoft Excel game has been through the roof lately!

Tarab_ish

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 14, 2018
Hell yeah at least our governor isn't a fear monger. Telling people to stay home while he eats out in a restaurant . Closes down businesses but his vineyard can stay open. People are leaving California in droves which is great for the ones that want to stay and live in a sate run by a donkey retard.
This is, as the kids say, "cope"

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
Of course it loops back around to "why can't you just wear a mask" for you. I have to stop my eyes from rolling so hard I lose my balance when I read that.

"taking it seriously" isn't some line that you are on one side of, and people who don't have your level of fear are on the other side of.

If you are worried about what will happen to you, or someone around you, by contacting one of these covid strains, do what you need to do. Wear a mask, get a vaccination, live in a bubble for the next six years for all I care. More power to you. Tell grandma not to go to the restaurant. Tell your diabetic uncle not to go to the game. Stop asking me, who's life has been affected for over a year ONLY by the restrictions, and not the virus, to do shlt to make you feel safer until you say it's OK to be normal again because your fear is more real than my acceptance of known personal risk.
String, from your posts over the past year you seem to have the highest level of stress and fear on this site. Stay calm man. The stress is going to get you before the COVID or the vaccine.

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Let's compare Florida and California-

elcalvo

Michael Peterson status
Mar 16, 2004
NE
This same thread on the Politics forum is far less shrill and confrontational.
I thought this was supposed to be the the mellow laid back forum. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: kelpcutter