SITD Taj Burrow

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Are any of the gals on tour knowledgeable about shaping/design?
Jordy for one, I think he's shaping a little too now again, same with Caio Ibelli. After hearing Caio speak on Dirty water podcast, I think he would actually be a great SITD surfer and my favourite Brazo.

sushipop

Michael Peterson status
Feb 7, 2008
The Dagobah System
Dane on a Burch at a Mexian point was the pinnacle of Stab in the Dark on Acid, or whatever it was called. It melted my eyes.

Not so interested in seeing Taj ride boards made for Kelly. Seems like sloppy seconds...
so good...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
That's a good list. Can I suggest Dylan Longbottom as one of the etc etc?
Dylan rips and is so underrated. His boards are sick and he is one of the hardest working shapers in the game and gets no play really in media.

he made a flat deck gun for Lucas chumbo and after that I saw numerous other shapers including a shaker everyone knows adding flat deck.

Dylan is articulate and really shreds from 2 foot to 50ft

As to occy I reckon his body shape is more similar to most average punters than 140-170lb tour guys. Plus he is hilarious and would make it an epic show

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
I agree.....you could tell that Mick, Dane, and Jordy really pay attention to minute details of surfboards. Can't remember the Julian episode. But those are the types of people you want for this thing. Kelly would be the same way. I get the impression that Bobby and Mason wouldn't be as eloquent when explaining board design Maybe I'm wrong.

A (good) shaper would offer even more valuable and detailed info. As much as I'd like to see Burch or Tomo do one of these, I don't see any upside for the shaper. Obviously they couldn't ride (or choose) their own board so they'd be promoting someone else's board.
The Julian stab in the dark is basically him doing nothing but airs. My least favorite stab in the dark. That's probably why it's the shortest one length wise.

Reactions: sdsrfr and jkb

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
Felipe Toledo is probably the most relateable surfer on tour at the moment.

During the pipe contest you could see he was balding, rocking a dadbod and shoulder hopping on bigger days, he has never more relateable than he is now!