HOP WTR

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
100-370 here...

But sure if you’re talking **** water beer like Bud or Natty lite....
Most of those beers are right around 180, only a few are pushing the 300+ mark and are probably disgusting. But yeah, it adds up.

A couple of beers most nights of the week + weekend drinking like that is definitely well on the way to problematic.
Which is where the slippery slope is. It seems that between the non-drinkers and a few/weekers on one of the spectrum and your daily 3-6+ drinkers on the other, there is a very slim margin of folks who can cut themselves off at 1-2 drinks/night 6-7 nights a week and not go overboard on the weekends.

That said, anyone who tries to take my beer away can pry it from my cold dead hands :beer:

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm pretty sure Lagunitas makes one without the CBD/Cannabis addition. I'm not sure how that impacts price points.

It may have been at Costco yesterday

I'm drinking one of these right now after seeing it here.

Not bad.

On the other hand the La Croix Limoncello is out of this world and cheaper.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Alcohol is the worst of the worst. Fat around the mid section (liver) it lowers your testosterone and your body turns it all into sugar which spikes insulin and triggers you to eat shitty foods.
That was always my issue with alcohol, I would end up eating so much more than I needed to. I thought it was because I was buzzed or lower inhibitions so I'd keep eating, but I didn't realize it's from spiking your insulin.

Alcohol really does nothing for you. I quit years ago and wish I had quit sooner.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Yea that happens too.

Some sober people just rub me the wrong way as they make their sobriety as part of their identity and have to bring it up and inject it into conversations.

“Just remodeled my house...ten months sober”

“My hobbies are surfing and exercising... I also gave up drinking”
I think it's

a) if you're a drunk that wakes up hungover most days of the week complete sobriety feels amazing

b) if you're young or very social it can be really difficult to stay sober so putting it out there might help

c) i can imagine advertising it on dating apps because sober is a no-can-date for some people

d) some people are just attention whores

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Agree with that. I don't drink, but I don't ever tell anybody to not drink.
I occasionally have one beer with dinner when I'm on vacation and it tastes so good!
Beer is delicious.

I honestly don't like telling people I don't drink, cause then it's the questions.

Last edited:

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
anyone try 100% malta?

local brewery puts one out at 4,7% which tastes better than any beer i've had in a long long long time.

Icu812

Nep status
Jun 23, 2013
WEST of 101
My dad was a geologist...they're famous drinkers (here's lookin' at you Kento). I remember when I was growing up in the Salinas Valley they'd go on these field trips with a couple buses of geologists and a pickup following behind with the whole bed full of beer and ice. I don't know how they kept track of all the road cuts they were lookin' at. Anyway, one of my dad's mottos was 'moderation is for monks'...he loved his martinis and that's what got him, died in his '60s, liver was done. My brothers and sister all said 'no way that's happening to us'. I'm 69 now and have a beer every once in a while, glass of wine every once in a while, a chulpa every once in a while...have a flask of whiskey in the golf bag for whenever somebody in the group gets a birdie (not very often)...guess I'm a monk but I feel great, still surfing it up, stocked in fact. And loving watching my grandkids growing up, that's the best of all, pushing grandson Arthur into his first wave on a booger at La Jolla Shores a couple of years ago, he rides it all the way to the dry sand, jumps up and yells 'I love surfing grandpa!'. No liver disease is gonna get me, I wanna see that sh!t.

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
guy says he's drinking too much and recently had an accident on a scooter while under the influence.

erBB advice?

get a car!:monkey:
Bali is notoriously dangerous on a scooter, better to be surrounded by protection than sacrificing your skin on the pavement