*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Why is she doing chest x-rays on people who are asymptomatic?

That's kinda weird.

"Hi, I'm not having any problems, please shoot a chest x-ray."

I'd like to know more.

It's weird because the numbers she's describing are astronomically higher than others I've read.

She sure is an attention whore.

Flu and pneumonia can cause post infection scarring as well, though not to the same extent it seems.

Last edited:
Reactions: SlicedFeet

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria

That's kinda weird.

I'd like to know more.

It's weird because the numbers she's describing are astronomically higher than others I've read.

Flu and pneumonia can cause post infection scarring as well, though not to the same extent it seems.
Ok Doctor Casa. You're the expert. Surely you must know more than a trauma surgeon on this.:roflmao:

• Dislike
Reactions: stringcheese

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
flu is almost non-existent this winter bc of social distancing and masks. if it works for one respiratory virus, it works for the others.
Flu flatlined in March and April....yet masks were not fully adopted until later...

Also....if the masks are partially responsible for the flu going away....
Then Covid-19 is on the rise because of the anti-maskers?

Then there's the debate on asymptomatic spread....seems we started out w/o that concern.....now we're seeing articles claiming asymptomatic spread is a thing to be concerned about.....despite high sample size statistically significant studies that conclude otherwise. How convenient...

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Ok Doctor Casa. You're the expert. Surely you must know more than a trauma surgeon on this.:roflmao:
Why wouldn't he? I've had plenty of life experiences with highly credentialed people who performed quite poorly in their area of supposed expertise.

Reactions: PRCD

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Typical covid bs r32! Answering a legitimate question from a person in a position to ask it with "what do you know, she's the expert!"

That crap is a big part of why we are still making a bigger mess of this day in and day out, a year later.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Would this lead to weaker immune systems? Further trouble in the future for kids that now are operating in a much more sterile environment?
1 Don't wash your vegetables and fruit before eating them...."Waiter, please may I have more dirt on my salad?"

2 "Baby, you don't need to wear a rubber, I need to challenge my immune system tonight."

3 Medieval bathing/washing schedules.

4 "I'm going out, want me to pick up the new germs pills from Dr Doof's Emporium of Filth. We're all out of moldy Halloween pumpkin."

5 Children's day at the petting zoo takes an odd turn.

6 Bumpersticker: My rural kids can kick your urban kid's immune system's ass.

7 Govt restrictions on soap

8 "Don't worry, the 5G towers will give you all the challenge you need."

9 Now every happy meal comes with glass of water from the Ganges or TJ River.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020

That's kinda weird.

I'd like to know more.

Something's not right here. WHat is all this other stuff attached to the patient? Why do the white lines extend well outside the lungs? Why is the patient at a different orientation in this X-ray than the others shown? Is this an example of an acute or chronic patient?
1610735094980.png

Why does this look so much different than x-rays of COVID patients we've seen in the past? This is from March:
1610735252685.png

Sad that Twitter has given every bimbo a bullhorn these days.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Something's not right here. WHat is all this other stuff attached to the patient? Why do the white lines extend well outside the lungs? Why is the patient at a different orientation in this X-ray than the others shown? Is this an example of an acute or chronic patient?
View attachment 103808

Why does this look so much different than x-rays of COVID patients we've seen in the past? This is from March:
View attachment 103809

Sad that Twitter has given every bimbo a bullhorn these days.

Look at this guy. Who do you think you are? Trying to use reason and asking questions about things that don't follow logically. This woman has a job that means what she says goes! That's the new way.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Part of what I get paid to do is look at chest x-rays of symptomatic COVID 19 patients every day at work for almost a year now...

She's talking about personally looking at tons of chest x-rays of asymptomatic patients. As a trauma surgeon.

That's weird.

I'm wondering why they're shooting x-rays on asymptomatic patients i.e. patients who are not having breathing issues or any other viral symptoms, and why a trauma surgeon would be doing anything involving asymptomatic COVID patients. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Lots of HCWs have been prone to exaggeration for social media attention ever since this has started.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Maybe she part of some research medical group set and it's their job to research into this corona virus more? They don't seem to know a lot about long term affects, perhaps because it's so new. Can they see the heart with an xray? Maybe they are looking for some other effects on the body post-covid. Can the patient request an xray? Maybe they are asking to be checked out further, out of paranoia?

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Part of what I get paid to do is look at chest x-rays of symptomatic COVID 19 patients every day at work for almost a year now...

She's talking about personally looking at tons of chest x-rays of asymptomatic patients. As a trauma surgeon.

That's weird.

I'm wondering why they're shooting x-rays on asymptomatic patients i.e. patients who are not having breathing issues or any other viral symptoms, and why a trauma surgeon would be doing anything involving asymptomatic COVID patients. It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Lots of HCWs have been prone to exaggeration for social media attention ever since this has started.
The machine is a money printer, right? You run the machine, the patient's health insurance provider has to pay the hospital. Money printer go brr....

At least she's not doing it on their heads.
Maybe she part of some research medical group set and it's their job to research into this corona virus more? They don't seem to know a lot about long term affects, perhaps because it's so new. Can they see the heart with an xray? Maybe they are looking for some other effects on the body post-covid. Can the patient request an xray? Maybe they are asking to be checked out further, out of paranoia?
She seems like she used kneepads to get through residency.

• Haha
Reactions: r32