Watching the news..

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
speaking of toilet paper...imed. about ot open a case of costco. looooot sh!t. never tears, deal wittt stone pebble sh!ts, wery ones, calydough smears, everyhing. love that action.
Was able to get toilet paper at Costco today. Still no paper towels :banghead: #firstworldproblems Costco paper towels are one of a handful of brands that aren't a complete ripoff

As for the rioters, what ever happened to fire hoses? Too much historical baggage?

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
I would like that, even the 40's but with the "knowing what I know now..." option would be fun. Can you imagine paddling out on a homemade modern board, all the heckling from the peanut gallery until you draw up a big roundhouse into foamball rebound?! You'd probably get your ass kicked by some huge guy who wears tight short-shorts and is all gnarles from swinging around an 80lb log. Was that too gay, the imagery? Yikes.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'd like to inject a little perspective.

Yesterday's event was not unprecedented. Just like the events post George Floyd were not unprecedented.

There's a long history of events like this on this continent.

Such as:

"Minutes later, an angry mob surrounded the Town House, breaking all the first-floor windows with stones and brickbats and forcing their way in. The exact nature of the crowd has been the subject of some debate. Town officials claimed that "the said Riotous Tumultuous Assembly consisted of Foreign Seamen, Servants, Negros & other Persons of mean & vile condition." Some historians believe this was an effort to deflect blame,[18] while others treat it as fact.[19] Hutchinson estimated the crowd's size at "several thousand," remarkable in a city with a population of just 16,000. In addition to sailors and other maritime workers, the crowd likely included most of Boston's militia, as well as some middle-class shopkeepers and merchants, women, and others whose lives were affected by impressment.[20]"

Fun fact:

Between 1971 and 1972 there were 2500 bombings in the United States.

The events of earlier this year and yesterday show many people have become entirely disconnected from reality, just as they have many times throughout history.

The difference is social media has been the catalyst for this disconnect.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I'd like to inject a little perspective.

Yesterday's event was not unprecedented. Just like the events post George Floyd were not unprecedented.

There's a long history of events like this on this continent.

Such as:

"Minutes later, an angry mob surrounded the Town House, breaking all the first-floor windows with stones and brickbats and forcing their way in. The exact nature of the crowd has been the subject of some debate. Town officials claimed that "the said Riotous Tumultuous Assembly consisted of Foreign Seamen, Servants, Negros & other Persons of mean & vile condition." Some historians believe this was an effort to deflect blame,[18] while others treat it as fact.[19] Hutchinson estimated the crowd's size at "several thousand," remarkable in a city with a population of just 16,000. In addition to sailors and other maritime workers, the crowd likely included most of Boston's militia, as well as some middle-class shopkeepers and merchants, women, and others whose lives were affected by impressment.[20]"

Fun fact:

Between 1971 and 1972 there were 2500 bombings in the United States.

The events of earlier this year and yesterday show many people have become entirely disconnected from reality, just as they have many times throughout history.

The difference is social media has been the catalyst for this disconnect.
The "right side of history crowd" invaded the Capitol just a couple years ago

youcantbeserious

Billy Hamilton status
Oct 29, 2020
Location location

Clayster

Miki Dora status
Oct 26, 2005
That would be disheartening if you saw one of your kids rioting.

Somewhere you want wrong in your parenting.
Please. I know you did tons of stupid crap when you were young, because you still do it now, judging by the content of your posts.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
That's racist! It should read, 'all gods help us all' :roflmao:

Also, watching 'the news' CNN right now. I worked all day and only saw a bit of blips of the carnage today.
It's actually quite depressing in some form or another. Sad day indeed.
Yeah yeah. You and your higher power too.

My "Sober January" came to an end last night as I watched the news.

Made it what, 5 days? :roflmao:

My name is GWS and I can't take this sh!t much longer.