What does the erBB brain trust have to say to this restaurant owner?

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Yes, we have a couple business parks near my house that are a huge chunk of afternoon traffic for a lot of small restaurants near us. Many had a fair amount of take-out biz already, as they're not all high-end "experience" restaurants, but nice to sit down at the sushi bar or drink bar waiting to be seated or just eat at the bar if crowded. Those days are gone for most.

It's weird though, I've noticed at least 2 bar/restaurants in this one high traffic main street intersection area near us that is doing indoor business. They're kind of sports bar oriented, and I see people inside eating/drinking with big screens all blazing football or what-ever (just this last weekend). One time I saw a chalk-board out front proclaiming they were a "protest" site as per CA regs that "protests" are still allowed. Proclaim your site as a protest and you're good? These both have large indoor open areas, so maybe the reduced % inside is still OK? Not sure if some cities are looking the other way at these businesses, unless someone ratz on them and files a Karen complaint?
That's interesting what you saw and it's cool that you described it so accurately

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
10% profit is very high, and most of that is provided by alcohol. Most operate at 3-5%.

No beer, cocktails and no by-the-glass wine program, and say bye bye to most of the profits.
Even 5% is high for a non-alcoholic retailer

food industry is not for the faint of heart.