New York City vaccinated 5-6 million people in less than a month back in 1947.....

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
And Americans resisted the SP vaccine.

"
"As vaccination spread, some European countries made it compulsory. Concern about its safety led to opposition and then repeal of legislation in some instances.[69][70] Compulsory infant vaccination was introduced in England by the 1853 Vaccination Act. By 1871, parents could be fined for non-compliance, and then imprisoned for non-payment.[71] This intensified opposition, and the 1898 Vaccination Act introduced a conscience clause. This allowed exemption on production of a certificate of conscientious objection signed by two magistrates. Such certificates were not always easily obtained and a further Act in 1907 allowed exemption by a statutory declaration which could not be refused. Although theoretically still compulsory, the 1907 Act effectively marked the end of compulsory infant vaccination in England.[72]
In the United States vaccination was regulated by individual states, the first to impose compulsory vaccination being Massachusetts in 1809. There then followed sequences of compulsion, opposition and repeal in various states. By 1930 Arizona, Utah, North Dakota and Minnesota prohibited compulsory vaccination, 35 states allowed regulation by local authorities, or had no legislation affecting vaccination, whilst in ten states, including Washington, D.C. and Massachusetts, infant vaccination was compulsory.[73] Compulsory infant vaccination was regulated by only allowing access to school for those who had been vaccinated.[74] Those seeking to enforce compulsory vaccination argued that the public good overrode personal freedom, a view supported by the U.S. Supreme Court in Jacobson v. Massachusetts in 1905, a landmark ruling which set a precedent for cases dealing with personal freedom and the public good.[citation needed]

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’ve got my pitchfork and torches ready!
Who are we going after for this travesty?!??

2/3 of the people I live with are vaccinated

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Off the top of my head, in 1940 they weren't trying to develop a vaccine that would work. I believe the smallpox vaccine was developed in the late 1700's. If you have a hundred years+ to get yourself together, things go a bit easier?
They developed a vaccine in the 1700’s?
How the fvvk did they pull that off?
Before actual smallpox vaccine was created, there was the "medical elite" that would infect people with cowpox because it was noticed that people who milked cows didn't catch smallpox at the same rate as those who didn't milk cows.

Even though I did a grade school report on this or a book report, better to look this up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Random Guy

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Here's the thing, the left spent a month badmouthing the vaccine and creating mistrust among the people in their efforts to depose the president. Now you can't go back and complain about people not getting vaccinated with a vaccine you guys claimed wouldn't get made for years and then maligned when its creation and distribution were immanent.
So fooking dishonest, do you realize when you are doing it or truly mentally ill as well as having very limited intelligence?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W

That's not the left badmouthing the vaccine. That's the center not trusting certified liar. How come you don't get that?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
  • Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III

Bayview

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 21, 2009
NJ
The model is off, uptake is much slower & inconsistent than anticipated. Not only are people not getting vaccinated, many doses are being thrown away.

I work with a number of PharmD’s who have volunteered to administer the Pfizer vaccine to the elderly in retirement centers. In some centers, uptake is 100%. In others, much much lower. Tough to predict. At the start of a shift, pharmacists are instructed to thaw and mix diluent for so many patients and vials expire after 6 hrs. If not used within 6 hrs, vials have to be discarded. Many full vials, with 5 doses, have to be discarded.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
The model is off, uptake is much slower & inconsistent than anticipated. Not only are people not getting vaccinated, many doses are being thrown away.

I work with a number of PharmD’s who have volunteered to administer the Pfizer vaccine to the elderly in retirement centers. In some centers, uptake is 100%. In others, much much lower. Tough to predict. At the start of a shift, pharmacists are instructed to thaw and mix diluent for so many patients and vials expire after 6 hrs. If not used within 6 hrs, vials have to be discarded. Many full vials, with 5 doses, have to be discarded.
So?