What benefits will a Rightwing Supreme Court bring to the average citizen?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
Did the founders envision a Constitution that that was set in stone and not open to interpretation and could not change and adapt to the times? Are we locked into a 18th century world view?
the argument is that this is Congress’s job to write new laws, not courts

it’s somewhat over simplistic but there’s some merit to it

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
the argument is that this is Congress’s job to write new laws, not courts

it’s somewhat over simplistic but there’s some merit to it
Plus the Supreme Court only decides on the constitutionality of laws, and only sees cases where the constitutionality of a lower courts decision is called into question. I don't see what the hubbub is and why people freak out about it so much.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Being as non-activist, Constitutionalist judges are viewed as "right wing" it will bring a more originalist view of the Constitution and Bill of Right that will benefit the most people possible

"Equal rights for all, special privileges for none"
Enjoy the police state.

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
You do realize that this is the cornerstone of the Democratic Party, right? For over a decade Cororate America and Wall Street have been the benefactors of the Democratic Party.
Complete nonsense as usual.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
The right for unwanted zygotes to be brought into a world where society doesn’t want to pay for their healthcare, education and social services.

Reactions: mundus

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
The right for unwanted zygotes to be brought into a world where society doesn’t want to pay for their healthcare, education and social services.
So, are you saying that the trumpster’s choice of a woman for the sp offends your sensibilities? Would a gay republican be better for you?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
They’re all activists, left and right

it’s just about what flavor of activism you prefer

originalism poses as non activism but it requires rejecting decades of contrary opinions so it’s hard to not see it as activist
This.

Did the founders envision a Constitution that that was set in stone and not open to interpretation and could not change and adapt to the times? Are we locked into a 18th century world view?
Too many people are, yes.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Never put anyone on ignore, just not my style.
Hal ignores people that call him on his mindless tripe. I don’t have him or anyone else on ignore. I never read his endless Twitter posts, who does?