RBG *** DONE ***

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I don't know where you are coming up with 2.6 at 7 seconds?????

My report was 6 feet at 7 seconds for the am dropping to 4 feet at 7 seconds late today. Tomorrow mid day 6 feet at 8 seconds.

I don't know where Mundus is either. That's why I gave the examples. Long Island had waves, LBI had waves, AC had waves, My town had waves, CM had waves.

I took this picture at the end of my street this morning of a random surfer. If you're a surfer in NJ and you won't drive up to an hour for waves like this you are going to be missing out a lot. I've driven to opposite ends of NJ to surf worse.

View attachment 98008
Coming from the guy who sits on the beach when ever it is actually big in winter while I am sure bragging about what a legend you used to be?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fixed it RG!

Mundus you said you'd probably surf today? I just checked some South Jersey cams so the erBB doesn't have to.

East-Facing: There's some not too shredded sideslop. It's the kind with chip ins and, at the right tide, a steep section the chip in gave you enough mustard to crack on a shortboard. I'm not driving to LI for clean longboard waves if there's empty chip ins up the street. Nosireebob. And if I lived in South Jersey, as a goofy foot, I'd be two-three seshing this before it gets fckn Siberian.

Newmibia, aka April Point, amusingly, I saw a sweet runner or three where nobody is sitting, and there's enough blowing it up the top you'd get a few. It's small though. For easy parking and 30 minutes of no headache, I'd bag a session there. Any longer, stoplights, a scene....nope.

Honestly, I'd probably lurk today in New Jersey. There's something to scrap upstreet. It's not as clean, or as busy, or as small and inconsistent as Grape Ape.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I hate driving, just checked up the street small and complete crap. If somehow it starts looking fun at all I will have go. Probably fish and exercise instead, got a nice bass yesterday!

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Fixed it RG!

Mundus you said you'd probably surf today? I just checked some South Jersey cams so the erBB doesn't have to.

East-Facing: There's some not too shredded sideslop. It's the kind with chip ins and, at the right tide, a steep section the chip in gave you enough mustard to crack on a shortboard. I'm not driving to LI for clean longboard waves if there's empty chip ins up the street. Nosireebob. And if I lived in South Jersey, as a goofy foot, I'd be two-three seshing this before it gets fckn Siberian.

Newmibia, aka April Point, amusingly, I saw a sweet runner or three where nobody is sitting, and there's enough blowing it up the top you'd get a few. It's small though. For easy parking and 30 minutes of no headache, I'd bag a session there. Any longer, stoplights, a scene....nope.

Honestly, I'd probably lurk today in New Jersey. There's something to scrap upstreet. It's not as clean, or as busy, or as small and inconsistent as Grape Ape.
Like I said early in the thread.......it was good before the tide dropped out. Low is about an 2 hours. I figure the last hour before dark with the tide push it should be pretty good.

You are exactly right about the Siberia thing. Pretty chilly this morning with the temp and wind but water still warm.

Coming from the guy who sits on the beach when ever it is actually big in winter while I am sure bragging about what a legend you used to be?
You have no clue. I got my first winter suit in 1987 and have surfed every winter since no matter how big or cold. Rarely missed a rideable day from about 1992 until 2 years ago due to injuries. Even the past couple of winters when I've been dinged up with injuries I've put my time in. I'm 51 with nothing left to prove in terms of surfing. Built my life around being able to get in the water whenever it was good.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Like I said early in the thread.......it was good before the tide dropped out. Low is about an 2 hours. I figure the last hour before dark with the tide push it should be pretty good.

You are exactly right about the Siberia thing. Pretty chilly this morning with the temp and wind but water still warm.

You have no clue. I got my first winter suit in 1987 and have surfed every winter since no matter how big or cold. Rarely missed a rideable day from about 1992 until 2 years ago due to injuries. Even the past couple of winters when I've been dinged up with injuries I've put my time in. I'm 51 with nothing left to prove in terms of surfing. Built my life around being able to get in the water whenever it was good.
There you go bragging about what a legend you used to be.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

I don’t know you sound like a fat and stupid kook to me.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
That's not bragging dum dum. That's reality. No legend. Just a guy who put in a ton of water time for many many years and built his life around surfing. This is a surfing site isn't it? There ought to be a lot of guys on here who's lives revolved around surfing. Apparently not.
#tryhardkook

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I know when I lived on the East Coast I would have easily driven 2 hours for fun surf before I would walk 2 minutes for ankle dribblers....which is so many days on the East Coast.