The Jordan Peterson Thread

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
The Chapo where they read the excerpt from his book when he gets mad-dogged by a 2 year old and then fantasizes about throwing the 2 year old across a field or some sh!t, that's comedy gold.

I think his "masculine order"/"feminine chaos" bit is completely ridiculous.

Also, he kind of backpedals every time someone tries to close the loop, but he blathers on and on about the old, blown the f--k away, Gone With the Wind hierarchical order that is completely incompatible with women being economically independent. He waxes nostalgic for the 1950s from what I can tell, then he says sh!t like this, in reference to the Toronto incel murderer guy:

“He was angry at God because women were rejecting him. The cure for that is enforced monogamy.”

If women think 80% of men are below average, in what universe are they going to choose to be monogamous with some under-educated moron with an alcohol dependency?

He explicitly says the opposite about women being economically independent and I think you missed his point about the hierarchical order.

Is the Gator's coaching staff exhibit A of an unfair hierarchy put in place by the patriarchy?

I just noticed that his voice and Bernardo Faria's are quite similar, someone could create some hilarious videos with a mashup there

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He explicitly says the opposite about women being economically independent and I think you missed his point about the hierarchical order.

Is the Gator's coaching staff exhibit A of an unfair hierarchy put in place by the patriarchy?

I just noticed that his voice and Bernardo Faria's are quite similar, someone could create some hilarious videos with a mashup there
That's good to hear, but it kind of stands in direct contradiction to what he said was the solution for Toronto dude, and I don't think the traditional nuclear family is going to be any more prevalent in the future than it is today. Because of capitalism.

No, the Gator's coaching staff is not an exhibit of the unfair hierarchy put in place by the patriarchy.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Fixed.

2:46 - "I'm not saying anything."

No sh|t.

Listen to how many times he back-pedals. I can only make it through about 5 minutes of this, it's nauseating and amazing that anyone takes this guy seriously. His rhetoric is juvenile at best.

Paging Autoprax. I gotta hear your take on the above.
The interview reveals more about the interviewer than Peterson.

She was mischaracterizing hard, hyper agressive.

He was just fending off her attacks. I thought he did pretty ok at that.

JP is just a college Psych teacher who got really popular on YouTube.

Like I said, he basically proposing bootstrapping, which is a good thing.

The problem is that people will use that idea to justify not addressing poverty.

"We wouldn't have poverty if you people weren't so lazy!"

The excesses of the left are real.

But I think the excessive of the right are worse.

I think your temperament dictates which ones you focus on.

Something is making JP focus on the left.

Last edited:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Something
Couldn't be his religion or trad-con ideology. Continue the search, comrade Autoprax!
Clearly he's a weird dude.

When he starts talkin about religion is where he really comes unraveled.

I work with these types every day.

Lucky I'm not like that.

I could never get a following. :cry:

I think working at the university made him that way.

We are like cops seeing the bad part of life everyday.

Except, it's lefty policy pushed by the admins to make faculty weak at negotiation time.

I'm a super liberal faggot but the far left propaganda I get every day is too much.

It's all BS.

I have to chant, don't say nothing, don't say nothing.

Reactions: afoaf

Oakleys_N_Zinka

Miki Dora status
Oct 7, 2005
Clearly he's a weird dude.

When he starts talkin about religion is where he really comes unraveled.

I work with these types every day.

Lucky I'm not like that.

I could never get a following. :cry:

I think working at the university made him that way.

We are like cops seeing the bad part of life everyday.

Except, it's lefty policy pushed by the admins to make faculty weak at negotiation time.

I'm a super liberal faggot but the far left propaganda I get every day is too much.

It's all BS.

I have to chant, don't say nothing, don't say nothing.

Hey Hey
Ho Ho
This type of chant has got to go

No justice
No peace
No HR Admin Geeks

No school
No class
Now BOUNCE!
Move that ass

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Also just want to say, his employer can do whatever IDGAF, but with literally Stephen Miller in the Executive Branch, and some of these other Turner Diaries whackos, Dr. Jordan Peterson re-packaging some hacked up Jung or Freud as a vehicle/sidecar to the self help he shills/sells or whatever to a target market that's decided to consume it is not a concern.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Also just want to say, his employer can do whatever IDGAF, but with literally Stephen Miller in the Executive Branch, and some of these other Turner Diaries whackos, Dr. Jordan Peterson re-packaging some hacked up Jung or Freud as a vehicle/sidecar to the self help he shills/sells or whatever to a target market that's decided to consume it is not a concern.
So 5/7?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Fixed.

2:46 - "I'm not saying anything."

No sh|t.

Listen to how many times he back-pedals. I can only make it through about 5 minutes of this, it's nauseating and amazing that anyone takes this guy seriously. His rhetoric is juvenile at best.

Paging Autoprax. I gotta hear your take on the above.

I watched that video and a number of other videos

I disagree with your take

it was a hostile interview

I'm parsing through some of the quotes here, but if taken just by some of the
interviews and panel discussions I watched I can fairly kennit what he's trying
to convey

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I agree that the female interviewer was out to get him. But he seems purposely convoluted. His ideas are not that complicated but he makes them out to be by saying one thing and dancing around what he seems to really want to say.

His smugness is not palatable.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
JP is just a college Psych teacher who got really popular on YouTube.
What's interesting to me is that he put tons of stuff up and built a low key following before he hit the headlines. It looks like the popularity/buy in to his message was already solid with a decent amount of people before the social media whirlwind hit, so he did it organically, which is impressive. Then pounced hard once the social stuff took off.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
that's intellectually lazy thinking on your part
Not as intellectualy lazy as beleiving that a man in the sky created heavens and Earth.

For Peterson to claim to posses reason, while being religious is laughable. Shapiro consistently defends his homophobia with his religion. "My God said so".

It's a discussion ender. What are you supposed to say to that?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Not as intellectualy lazy as beleiving that a man in the sky created heavens and Earth.

For Peterson to claim to posses reason, while being religious is laughable. Shapiro consistently defends his homophobia with his religion. "My God said so".

It's a discussion ender. What are you supposed to say to that?
Ask God to speak up so you can hear him too.

• Haha
Reactions: plasticbertrand