Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
My sympathies.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
“RH = expensive furniture and sh!t rich people like to buy = that’s all I needed to find out.
Bought it and the 4 other picks o’ the day on Zacks.
Ended up keeping it, PWR and SID“

Anyone listen?

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
My sympathies.
Up
It's was up over 5% early. I sold a partial. Going to owe some taxes but I was getting a little nervous. So now is probably a great time to buy. Good luck.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Up

It's was up over 5% early. I sold a partial. Going to owe some taxes but I was getting a little nervous. So now is probably a great time to buy. Good luck.
Won’t touch it with a 10’ pole. He scares me.
Was just gonna update my stance on RH aka Restoration Hardware aka sh!t rich wypo love to say it’s not too late to “hop on the bandwagon”. IE I think(up to a point, doing buy anything completely overvalued) that a stock going up in price is a horrible reason not to buy it. Think long term(ish). My plays are all re-evaluated every 30,60,90 days. After I saw RH go up 20% today I bought more. I’m too lazy/stupid to time the market but I knew I wanted more right away(long term)

My ultimate advice is to start reading.

Peter Lynch. John Bogle.

Google the indexes each day (SP 500, NASDAQ) and see what’s cracking? Do further research on companies that interest you on a fundamental common sense level. I bought LULU simply because BITCHES LOVE YOGA PANTS.

Ive learned to trust Zacks.com buy/hold/sell recs.

Last edited:

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Reactions: JBerry

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
when do they go live?
At this point I don't know. I had someone checking on it supposedly but he hasn't gotten back to me.

My old rule of thumb was if shares were readily available before the IPO date, avoid. If you put in for 10,000 shares and they tell you you can get a hundred, THEN you start scrambling.

Baby girl got a nice chunk of stock as part of her negotiations. Hopefully she does well. So she can buy me a Sprinter Van conversion to go surfing in. :bricks:

Reactions: the janitor

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
At this point I don't know. I had someone checking on it supposedly but he hasn't gotten back to me.

My old rule of thumb was if shares were readily available before the IPO date, avoid. If you put in for 10,000 shares and they tell you you can get a hundred, THEN you start scrambling.

Baby girl got a nice chunk of stock as part of her negotiations. Hopefully she does well. So she can buy me a Sprinter Van conversion to go surfing in. :bricks:
You're getting FOMO-pumped so you can hold these bags.

Or your boy asked about 10,000 shares and was told he can get a hundred.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
You're getting FOMO-pumped so you can hold these bags.

Or your boy asked about 10,000 shares and was told he can get a hundred.
No dude. Not even. I'm interested, but I will take the FOMO and wait to see what it trades like. I might nibble depending upon what i can figure out, but that's about it. It does sound interesting...

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
Trading is for dummies nowadays. Use a broker and get in a hyper aggressive tech heavy fund. You double every 6 months....no reason to squirrel away value in safe places or bet on hunches. The tech market is so broad you can't lose there if it's properly managed. Blend in a bit of traditional...sh!t like Sherwin Williams to take advantage of increased domestic manufacturing and you're set.

I use to think 10-12 million portfolio to retire. Four more years of Trump and I'll have that in cash.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

I agree re trading. I buy with a ten year time horizon. Most of the stuff I own has been held much longer than that. Then I trim to maintain diversification, my needs, or for tax purposes. But yeah, when I did this for a living, if the potential client didn't have at least a ten year time horizon, I sent them packing.

And I don't know whether this is still the case, but it used to be that the no-load funds performed every bit as well as the load funds. So if that's still the case, no reason to pay that out.

• Love
Reactions: Mr Doof and Chocki

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER

I agree re trading. I buy with a ten year time horizon. Most of the stuff I own has been held much longer than that. Then I trim to maintain diversification, my needs, or for tax purposes. But yeah, when I did this for a living, if the potential client didn't have at least a ten year time horizon, I sent them packing.

And I don't know whether this is still the case, but it used to be that the no-load funds performed every bit as well as the load funds. So if that's still the case, no reason to pay that out.
As Slow Joe's prospects have gotten dimmer I've moved my safety net to structured notes. The guy is a corpse.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
At $7 a share, I like to think of these as long term options that don't expire. They might break up, though I don't see bankruptcy, but it isn't like I have $20K to make that bet. Maybe in 10 years, I'll wonder if I shouldn't have just stuck with tulip bulbs.

1600372187189.png

Last edited: