Sprinter Van Owners

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
I know a few people who live in sprinters. Cheaper than an apartment and huge money saving if you are down with that lifestyle. As far as vans taking up parking spaces --> Cry me a river & boo-f'ing hoo. :nana: Do you drive in circles for a spot in the first 3 rows at the mall during the holidays? :roflmao:Park across the street and walk a little further if you have to.

One 4 gal RotopaX would get me 100 miles minimum, but at $99 per how many times would I need to pass those remote $5+/gl stops to make it worth it?

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I’ve seen a few of them with people that had it wired for extended camping here over the last few years. $$$, but from what I’ve seen, for one person you can rough camp like a prince. Self contained and plenty of room for boards, gear, and sleeping.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
One 4 gal RotopaX would get me 100 miles minimum, but at $99 per how many times would I need to pass those remote $5+/gl stops to make it worth it?
soooo... if i dont want to put mexican diesel in my ultra low sulphur only rig, l only need 14 of these bad boys to make the drive to cabo and back. lets see... $1400 for the cans(empty) okay. plus how much for the mounts?

• Haha
Reactions: johnson7

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
u know rinse kit is gonna be making a product in the same shape as those trendy new gas cans
A lot of comp in that market. This company recently got bought out by Yakima. So now they can charge even more. I'm sure RinseKit is hoping for a similar acquisition.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
lol definitely buy that $440 shower instead of a $10 weed sprayer.

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I made one of those sprayers out of ABS and keep a air compressor in my car. Comes in pretty handy to spray my kids off after the beach.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
I know a few people who live in sprinters. Cheaper than an apartment and huge money saving if you are down with that lifestyle. As far as vans taking up parking spaces --> Cry me a river & boo-f'ing hoo. :nana: Do you drive in circles for a spot in the first 3 rows at the mall during the holidays? :roflmao:Park across the street and walk a little further if you have to.

Many beaches are in cities that prevent street parking, at least long term. These fake douchebags in their sprinters taking up multiple spots are being douchebags....especially because most don't live in them, they just drive them to the beach and stand around them with their thermoses and surfboard sawhorses.

Oct 13, 2019
CenCoast
A lot of comp in that market. This company recently got bought out by Yakima. So now they can charge even more. I'm sure RinseKit is hoping for a similar acquisition.

i wish the fins were backwards

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Slabsplease

OTF status
Mar 5, 2015
I have some good friends that have a van (sprinter/volks/ford/etc). They don't park in public places in the manner described. Some are 30's, 40's, 50's, all hardcore surfers (huge priority, surfed the globe, etc). All have 40 hour a week jobs that don't pay that well (except one). But, each owns their van outright, they take home 85% of their paycheck, putting away over 35k a year with a "so so" job (or a job that pretty much anyone could acquire). One buddy has a six figure gig and puts away over 100k a year. Their vans are quite minimal as well (no unnecessary garbage). All are environmentally mindful, disciplined, take care of their temple inside/out...surf many days a week and have their "go to" spots for the night (while not treading on anyone's sensitivities). Not all van dwellers are dregs. I will add that none of the above are currently married or have any kids that haven't already passed adulthood. Van life can buy house life (if that's what you want) or it can assist you in retiring EARLY doing exactly what you want to do. It ALL depends on the individual's integrity, accountability and purpose/goal. In CA a households $$$ is allotted to mortgage/rent more than any other bill...most van dwellers have eliminated that....and if surfing and the lifestyle associated is YOUR life then it makes sense. All of us on here typing, reading the net/etc live better than 100% of ALL kings/queens/humans of the past to ever exist. We have foods/comforts/technologies/etc that few to almost no human generations prior have ever experienced/imagined. We're fuggin babies on the teat compared to former humans who didn't have what we have today. You as a walking miracle, as a consciousness that no one on earth has ever come close to remotely explain have incredible capabilities beyond our EASY lifestyles. So good on ya to the Van folks keeping it a tad primitive, doing it without any squalor or inelegance, and making it look SIMPLE...peace

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Most of the dbags I see double parking are driving expensive sports cars.