Apparently, it's time to rename Black's Beach

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Blacks is named after the Black family that owned the ranch that the La Jolla Farms and most of UCSD was built upon. It has nothing to to do with racism. Total SJW knee jerk BS. They've already "reanamed" the Ho Chi Minh Trail back to Box Canyon. Everyone still calls it Ho Chi though...
Care to guess where Nip point is on the cliffs? And yes Nip point was named after a certain nationality, was derogatory and is no longer called that by the people that named it such after they became somewhat enlightened.

Edit: Oops, I forgot about the exclusionary CC&Rs for ownership. FYI those exclusionary CC&Rs existed all over La Jolla at that time. It wasn't until the Chancellor of UCSD made a plea to the City that this change so the university could attract the best teaching and research talent as faculty for the new campus.
University City, where I grew up, was named so as it was primarily developed as housing for university faculty and staff.

Regardless, the name should not be changed even though the original CC&Rs would have prevented my family from buying in the Farms at that time.

Last edited:

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
Stephanie Greene , in a way, wants: NO BLACKS
wow she sounds racist

but seriously, i grew up in la jolla, there are tons of jews and no anti-semitism

Reactions: tsenn

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
New name suggestions....

“White’s Beach“

“Whites Only Beach”

“Beach of Color”

“Negro Beach”

“Some Fuckkng Asshole Wants to Exert Power Over People So We Pussies Who Run La Jolla Capitulated to This Dip sh!t and Renamed the Beach Beach”

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Stephanie Greene , in a way, wants: NO BLACKS
wow she sounds racist

but seriously, i grew up in la jolla, there are tons of jews and no anti-semitism
There was in the 40's and 50's. The name change demand is still stupid.
I wonder where in UC does Ms Greene live and for how long has she lived there? She sounds like one of the multitude ladies that just recently discovered that Blacks is a great place for a walk and that the hill provides for a decent workout.
I recently wrote to Barbara Bry asking that the trail head for Ho Chi be permanently closed due to damage caused and multiple weekly rescues required by the idiots that have no business hiking that trail.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
can someone explain this part to me:

"Black’s Beach is a 2-mile long strip at the base of 300-foot cliffs. The northern portion of the beach is owned and managed by the state Department of Parks and Recreation and the southern portion is owned by the city of San Diego and the state and managed by the city. It is officially known as Torrey Pines State Beach and Torrey Pines City Beach."

If it is in fact officially already called something other than Black's, what is she seeking to change?

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
can someone explain this part to me:

"Black’s Beach is a 2-mile long strip at the base of 300-foot cliffs. The northern portion of the beach is owned and managed by the state Department of Parks and Recreation and the southern portion is owned by the city of San Diego and the state and managed by the city. It is officially known as Torrey Pines State Beach and Torrey Pines City Beach."

If it is in fact officially already called something other than Black's, what is she seeking to change?
Good question.

Back a few years ago I tried telling people here this wokie sh!t was coming down the pipe.

The retort was always "No it isn't, this isn't mainstream, these sorts of idiot SJWs only exist on reddit and Tumblr."

Well, here we are...and some of you have even joined them.:socrazy:

Reactions: keenfish

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
Good question.

Back a few years ago I tried telling people here this wokie sh!t was coming down the pipe.

The retort was always "No it isn't, this isn't mainstream, these sorts of idiot SJWs only exist on reddit and Tumblr."

Well, here we are...and some of you have even joined them.:socrazy:

full on fkn rhodesia and sh!t

such a spaz...always

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I recently wrote to Barbara Bry asking that the trail head for Ho Chi be permanently closed due to damage caused and multiple weekly rescues required by the idiots that have no business hiking that trail.
i was once one of those idiots. did it first and only time on a full moon. not sober.

didn’t need to be rescued but I certainly had no business being there.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
Shirley Temple married into the Black family who owned so much of the surrounding property. If the pillow biting gals who wants to change the name is offended, she should haul her white a$$ down MLK Highway with a BLM sign. Farktards
Didn’t Shirley temple do movies with people in blackface ?

• Wow
Reactions: potato-nator

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
IMO only thing way more lame than some minorities getting butthurt over the name of a beach/trail/team/etc that was or wasn't named after them to begin with is a bunch of white people getting butthurt about renaming it for either reason.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Doof and kidfury