Lately, in the environment, we need enforcers more than ever

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Da Cat strikes back!!!

Sadly that might be considered assault today or even a hate crime. In a perfect world everyone would know their role in the water and if you paddled out somewhere where you weren’t good enough or respectful enough you get told to paddle in. Refuse and you deserve what’s coming. Lawyers kinda ruined surfing.

Last edited:

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I have an email thread with my Fantasy Surf club about taking out the trash. Burning the grabbers, never been seen out here before guys, Costco softtops etc. One of my friends posts that I should regulate more. My response was if you want to enjoy the benefits of localism you need to get your hands dirty too.

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
One knee-waist high morning last week, here comes sup guy and I hear music, Bob Marley Legend I think Three Little Birds( I'm serious) The guy has some kind of little speaker on his GoPro mount and a watch. He is paddling through making friends.A wave comes after like 5 minutes and he sets up outside of me and will be deeper by the time it breaks and he says " I'm coming right on this one buddy". He had backpaddled effectively but
I got a good ride never looking at or acknowledging him.
He paddled on down toward the next group.
Didn't say a word.
What just happened, almost never works out that way, and I give credit, it must have been the Marley vibe. The guy would have probably would've/could've pounded me and likely would have if he was listening to my music.
The environment was pretty nice that day.