Can we talk about single concave vs single to double concave?

need 4 speed

Phil Edwards status
Nov 1, 2003
SoCal
imho
Surfboards sales have always been about the marketing, newest latest greatest zoom pow
subtle nuances only a small percentage can actually see performance advantage. Need pro level surfers on video to validate the newest latest greatest zoom pow. In no way relevant to average surfers in average surf (case in point Asym fad,ridiculous) Like Tommy told me: Give a good surfer a board with a reasonable outline,rocker, and fin position they will make it work. Rank and file are sheep ready suck up whatever BS manufactures spew (case in point Tomo) I had two nearly identical boards one single to double and one double all the way through.I couldn't feel any difference.
But I must be one of the sheep, most boards I do are very subtle single to double w/channels(which you can feel)

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
davids parmenter had an interview with david fish scales podcast and had interesting input on concaves and board design. give it a listen casa.

btw low entry ftw!

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
imho
Surfboards sales have always been about the marketing, newest latest greatest zoom pow
subtle nuances only a small percentage can actually see performance advantage. Need pro level surfers on video to validate the newest latest greatest zoom pow. In no way relevant to average surfers in average surf (case in point Asym fad,ridiculous) Like Tommy told me: Give a good surfer a board with a reasonable outline,rocker, and fin position they will make it work.
We should get Jordy's take.

Rank and file are sheep ready suck up whatever BS manufactures spew (case in point Tomo) I had two nearly identical boards one single to double and one double all the way through.I couldn't feel any difference.
But I must be one of the sheep, most boards I do are very subtle single to double w/channels(which you can feel)
Channels are pretty hot right now.

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
There is no actual info
You like the way it feels or you don't . most can't tell the difference

Then you have rocker , some know how to make a flat bottom perform like a deep single . some can make a single to double feel like a deep flat

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Single to double concave??? THE OUTRAGE!! When did this sales gimmick begin? 50 years ago??? Don't believe the hype. You can't trust this newfangled sh!t. That's why everybody on the pro tour (do will still have one of those?) REFUSES to ride concave bottoms.

• Haha
Reactions: stringcheese