Stupidest Surfing Fashion Trends

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I like that the cotton t got so popular among core surfers they started making rash guards that look like one and fit as loosely.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I started surfing before Lycra so tshirts were all we had for those three days out of the year when it was trunkable and it coincided with rideable waves.

As for dumb “fashion”...

Front zip wetsuit tops, any spring suit, trunks past your knees, pintail single fins in Southern California, button up shirts in the water, webbed gloves, white wetsuits and anything made by Hotline or Gotcha.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I started surfing before Lycra so tshirts were all we had for those three days out of the year when it was trunkable and it coincided with rideable waves.

As for dumb “fashion”...

Front zip wetsuit tops, any spring suit, trunks past your knees, pintail single fins in Southern California, button up shirts in the water, webbed gloves, white wetsuits and anything made by Hotline or Gotcha.
Only on the spring suits part. Where I live the water is warmer than the air in the colder months so wearing a full suit results in overheating. Here the long sleeved springsuit actually makes sense.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Only on the spring suits part. Where I live the water is warmer than the air in the colder months so wearing a full suit results in overheating. Here the long sleeved springsuit actually makes sense.
I wasn’t referring to long sleeved spring suits.