Crowds at your local?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
:applause2:

We migrate down south every summer around this time, sorry we are adding to the already ridiculous crowds but surfers gotta surf and the south bay is flat for months straight and the breaks up around malibu are a zoo.
Has there been talk of an SB alliance where South Bay and Santa Barbara work out a deal to vaporize the Channel Islands and Palos Verdes?

Reactions: Sharkbiscuit

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
More like a Penalty Box as they have in the NHL. Half hour sitting in the penalty box should be the minimum for minor infractions. Backpaddling on a longboard should be a 24 or 48 hour misconduct.
we need a ref in a black/white wetsuit.

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
:applause2:

We migrate down south every summer around this time, sorry we are adding to the already ridiculous crowds but surfers gotta surf and the south bay is flat for months straight and the breaks up around malibu are a zoo.
fucking stupid level crowd yesterday. thought might be a little surf so battled the PCH traffic thru Malizoo. was pretty small and settled at clownie cause I scored a parking spot easy. just decided to go for a body surf as it was gutless small. was having kind of fun despite it being all closed out. found a little spot to myself-ish. go for a wave, get down the line a bit, tumble in the white wash and then BAM felt something hit my head. beginner girl's fin slashed me in the head. Now i've got a second gash right next to the big one. this time didn't do the ER to get it stitched up. 2020 is fukin' SUCKING :mad:

• Dislike
Reactions: CutnSnip

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
fucking stupid level crowd yesterday. thought might be a little surf so battled the PCH traffic thru Malizoo. was pretty small and settled at clownie cause I scored a parking spot easy. just decided to go for a body surf as it was gutless small. was having kind of fun despite it being all closed out. found a little spot to myself-ish. go for a wave, get down the line a bit, tumble in the white wash and then BAM felt something hit my head. beginner girl's fin slashed me in the head. Now i've got a second gash right next to the big one. this time didn't do the ER to get it stitched up. 2020 is fukin' SUCKING :mad:
Maybe you just have really good luck but don’t realize it?
So far this summer you didn’t get paralyzed/drown and didn’t take a fin to the face.
What you do to fix it this time? I’m imagining something along the lines of:

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
Maybe you just have really good luck but don’t realize it?
So far this summer you didn’t get paralyzed/drown and didn’t take a fin to the face.
What you do to fix it this time? I’m imagining something along the lines of:
it probably could take about 3 stitches to close it. didn't want to sit in the ER for 2+hours to get that done. just wrapping it until it heals. I already have all the first aid stuff from last time

McHatin

Nep status
Apr 11, 2010
Nobody working, not sure if unemployed or playing hooky from working from home. Lots of older guys and gals started surfing this Spring. They go to the "premiere" spots (spots with lots of parking and where it's visible to see other surfers checking waves).

One guy tried networking with me in the parking lot, when he saw me getting ready to go to work.

• Haha
Reactions: grapedrink

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
packed at my local this morning for a fun swell that everyone knew was coming. more than half of the crowd are kids on wavestorms, and as it turns out, surfing is considered suitable PE for remote learning schedules. so the lineup is now basically PE class, with everything that goes along with that
:foreheadslap:

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
OCMD was not empty peaks this morning, at least 8 people per non-descript block after block from the castle in either direction as far as you could walk.
Waist to chest sneaker waves but it was all families on softtops so no big deal. Still, the new normal for summer I guess.

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
Waist to chest sneaker waves but it was all families on softtops so no big deal. Still, the new normal for summer I guess.
If it's gonna be a crowd, at least this is an easier crowd to deal with.... more inclined to dodge set waves than go for them.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
OCMD was not empty peaks this morning, at least 8 people per non-descript block after block from the castle in either direction as far as you could walk.
8 guys every 150 yards?