The Elephant (dung) in the Room

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
If anything I think he has minimized the problem. I'm driving around SF, Oakland and Berkeley every weekend and there are homeless camps all over the place. I think he's right about the hands off policy, It would appear that we in the SF Bay are ok with letting people rot in the streets. Somehow this is portrayed as compassion, but when you see the filth and desperation that people are living in it doesn't seem compassionate or sustainable.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
If anything I think he has minimized the problem. I'm driving around SF, Oakland and Berkeley every weekend and there are homeless camps all over the place. I think he's right about the hands off policy, It would appear that we in the SF Bay are ok with letting people rot in the streets. Somehow this is portrayed as compassion, but when you see the filth and desperation that people are living in it doesn't seem compassionate or sustainable.
It’s cruel and evil. These people are being used as props for the benefit of “leaders” and “activists”.

This is undeniably the result of leftist policies.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Effectively addressing homelessness is soon to be a major policy agenda for the Biden/Harris administration

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
What a hard problem homelessness is. I don't see anyone solving it, because any real solution will involve either stomping on somebody's rights or spending so much money it will be politically untenable.

Last edited:
Reactions: mundus

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
It’s cruel and evil. These people are being used as props for the benefit of “leaders” and “activists”.

This is undeniably the result of leftist policies.
undeniably?

in an unquestionable or obvious manner; irrefutably
um, no. Not undeniably

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
No one ever thought decriminalizing drugs would take people off the streets, it was thought it would keep people out of prison. And it has. Now we need to fund addiction programs and mental health, not prisons. The problem is Americans would rather lock people up than help them.

Reactions: afoaf and mundus

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
What a hard problem homelessness is. I don't solving it, because any real solution will involve either stomping on somebody's rights or spending so much money it will be politically untenable.
It won't cost any more than keeping them in prison.

Rot in the streets vs rot in prison? Is that the choice?

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
No one ever thought decriminalizing drugs would take people off the streets, it was thought it would keep people out of prison. And it has. Now we need to fund addiction programs and mental health, not prisons. The problem is Americans would rather lock people up than help them.
But think of all the profit the privatized prisons make.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016