Mental Health thread

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
I decided to give weed a break too. I wish I could regulate my intake until after dinner, or when I've earned it, but these days, I just can't, and it's making me all foggy. So I got rid of my stash and I'm going to give myself a year not smoking. I will report on progress.
In the beginning of this sh!t I think it was all fun and games for a lot of people. Drinking all day every day. whatever your thing is. The only positive thing in my life has been surfing and my family. Everything else has been so doomsday. I can’t shake these feelings of dread. I’ve given up drinking, coffee. Everything.

Boneroni

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2012
Goleta
I decided to give weed a break too. I wish I could regulate my intake until after dinner, or when I've earned it, but these days, I just can't, and it's making me all foggy. So I got rid of my stash and I'm going to give myself a year not smoking. I will report on progress.
Good luck. Sounds like a tough but well intentioned endeavor.

I would happily read progress reports. I'm getting a little worried about my thc levels (maybe 15mg/day at most) and mental health, but let's just say things at home are tough right now, and I'd probably explode without some emotional avoidance

(I re-wrote that last sentence, and I feel pretty fckn proud that I didn't mention my selfish AF bitch wife. Oops. Now I did :waving:)

rts265

Phil Edwards status
Oct 19, 2007
Thanks. I'm not complaining. Grateful for everything.
My body reacts to depression by becoming lazy.
Can't wait for my baseball nap this afternoon.

Lots of swell coming next week.
Hopefully surf my nerples off.
I don’t even know if I could paddle out right now. This sh!t hit so suddenly it’s fucking scary.

• Sad
Reactions: Boneroni

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Checking up on my peeps. How's everyone doing? Hopefully in good spirits.

Remember to keep your head up, take one day at a time, stay busy with life, and stay in touch with friends. Just talking about your day with someone can be a stress relief. If you've made it this far, you can make it through anything.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I actually have an in person client walk through tomorrow. Gonna be weird selling through a mask. it will also be the first time I’ve set foot in the Chrysler building since March 11th, the day before my surfers ear drill. 5 months and a day. I was going to put on an OOO reply to go to the city but the the absurdity of it all just struck me. I’m going TO the office, but away from it also. And now I’ve gone cross eyed

rts I have to do that daily health screening too, before I even enter the elevator banks, and it weirds me out. You should be proud of yourself for managing office health anxiety all these months. Seriously. I havent even GOTTEN there yet and it’s weird. Hang in there brother

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Sometimes it's good to get cleaned up by a set. :drowning:
really is.. 4th of July swell. macking and unruly beach break, found myself right in the impact zone for a 6 wave set. took each one the head, had to ditch the board each time and got washed to the wrong side of a jetty. until i finally got pushed in enough to ride the whitewater in. felt really good to get the blood pumping and have the fight or flight reflex kick in. rest of the day felt like i took a whole zanny bar.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I actually have an in person client walk through tomorrow. Gonna be weird selling through a mask. it will also be the first time I’ve set foot in the Chrysler building since March 11th, the day before my surfers ear drill. 5 months and a day. I was going to put on an OOO reply to go to the city but the the absurdity of it all just struck me. I’m going TO the office, but away from it also. And now I’ve gone cross eyed

rts I have to do that daily health screening too, before I even enter the elevator banks, and it weirds me out. You should be proud of yourself for managing office health anxiety all these months. Seriously. I havent even GOTTEN there yet and it’s weird. Hang in there brother
Me when I have to actually meet someone for work in person now . . .

1597288143715.png

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I waited two days to type this up, to be sure I wanted to share it. It should be shared.

A couple of nights ago, at the end of my drive home, and a long day of Italian restaurant style in fighting, training employees, listening to people's problems, solving what i can...i had given in and smoked some bowls. My stash is crazy, and I'm not throwing it away lol....i was watching the office in my car. Andy and Dwitght were playing "country road" to a female. For some reason, I broke down.
I started to cry, and I decided "fvck it, let what wants to happen happen"

I played the Denver version, the Toots and the Maytals version, and the IZ "makaha" version. I cried my eyes out for over ten minutes.
I was smiling, laughing, but full on ugly crying. Embracing it.

You know what? I needed that shlt. Since I last cried, I've done....everything else! Fought, won, lost, moved, bought cars, been in relationships, had sex with strangers, learned new skills, made art, surfed a thousand times.....but there was somewhere I hadn't let myself go in...ten.damn.years.
I wasn't sad. I just needed to go there, emotionally.

I waited two days to be sure that I could say this.
I needed that. It helped. I've felt great since.

I don't think i could do it to myself, on purpose. But I am so happy that I felt that, for whatever reason. I needed to.