Surf Equipment: Quality Gear

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
LifeOnMars' wife left him for a midlength rider.

He's still triggered every time he sees a man bun.
hipsters disgust me, they're a plague on humanity. is this your weekend attire?
1597132624084.png

Last edited:

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
62-64F this morning. I’m shopping for wetsuits.

isurus is the worth the hype? Which model is goto?
That would be the warmest day of the year in NorCal, Id probably trunk that for the novelty. Isurus suits are very nice. Some spots up here have been a little under 60 and my 2M is perfect (if it's warm air) and my 3M with hood is perfect for the rest of the entire year. The fit and material is sooo good! So good that, and my only complaint is, that mine are both zipfree and I get flushed often. That being said I have a zip free 4/3 Rip Curl that never flushes and aside from winter I choose the Isurus nearly every time, I like it that much more. Hope that helps and I did notice that they just expanded their range to more chest zip options.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015

wondering the same thing, if I were to get more spendy on my next 3/2, should I go Isurus or Feral?

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019

I have the 2 mil zip free, it's great from just below 60 to just above 70. You could probably make it work a little colder if you aren't duck diving a lot but high 50s is about the point at which I start wanting a hood. It's about as warm as an average quality 3/2.

Its super stretchy and comfortable. Im more comfortable in it than in boardshorts lol.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I have the 2 mil zip free, it's great from just below 60 to just above 70. You could probably make it work a little colder if you aren't duck diving a lot but high 50s is about the point at which I start wanting a hood. It's about as warm as an average quality 3/2.

Its super stretchy and comfortable. Im more comfortable in it than in boardshorts lol.
Just got a 2mm short sleeve full from patgucci wore other day at tranculas high 50z no problem with body but my forearms went little numb.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010

Out of curiosity, are you getting flushed as well? BTW I agree with the comfness and that's probably why I grab it over the Rip Curl, that red fuzzy stuff on the inside is kind of no bueno.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Stop flexing. Awesome you guys like the cold. I moved to SD because I don’t.

I’m skinny weak and easily discouraged. I need a wimpy mans wetsuit to get me out of bed. Thx.
Haha, no offence...not flexing only jealous!! I don't like the cold, I just don't like having to wear thick wetsuits and moving to warmer isn't an option

ehiunno

OTF status
Dec 27, 2019
Out of curiosity, are you getting flushed as well? BTW I agree with the comfness and that's probably why I grab it over the Rip Curl, that red fuzzy stuff on the inside is kind of no bueno.
I don't experience much flushing. Maybe occasionally on a hard wipeout but not enough that I've taken notice of it.

FWIW, I think whether the quality justifies the cost is a personal choice. If you can get last year's model Oneil/Xcel/etc on a discount it's surely a better "deal." If you're going to pay full price for a suit and/or you just like having quality gear I think the the price premium is justified.

Edit: regarding flushing: I'm 5 9.5" 160# and wear an M in all my Isurus suits (2mil, older 4/3 hooded and 5/4Ti). They all fit me like a glove but different brands fit everyone differently.

Last edited: