BUT IT'S ONLY COMING FROM FRINGE GROUPS ON THE INTERNET!

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
It without a doubt has relation to values.

we learn from history; both what to do and what not to do. Without it we would be even dumber.
False

History is what happened.

Injecting values into creates historical relativism, where we judge people of the past with today's values. When you do that, suddenly everyone who ever lived was evil when based on today's standards

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
False

History is what happened.

Injecting values into creates historical relativism, where we judge people of the past with today's values. When you do that, suddenly everyone who ever lived was evil when based on today's standards
Not even close to false.

it’s very simple to understand.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Not even close to false.

it’s very simple to understand.
Then why are you having so much trouble understanding it?

Why is there a whole field of history dedicated to plowing through the bullshit of historians to find out what the actual history was?

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
There's a fundamental disagreement about what history is and what role it plays (and should play) for humanity.

You guys who think history happens independently of us also think that if a tree falls in a forest while no one is around that it makes a sound.

Last edited:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
You having a conversation in your head is not us having a conversation. Especially when it's not a conversation, it's you attempting to lecture and me mocking you.

I mock you because I understand exactly what you are saying and not the other way round.
You really don’t seem ok.

please try to compose yourself.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Not in K-12. For instance, Texas decided to leave Dolores Huerta, Cesar Chavez and Thurgood Marshall out of U.S. history textbooks.
So we agree that assigning values to history is wrong

Although with the limited time K-12 gets for history Huerta and Chavez are basically irrelevant and regional

Thurgood Marshall is important to show the strides made in the first half of the 20th Century in race relations

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
So we agree that assigning values to history is wrong

Although with the limited time K-12 gets for history Huerta and Chavez are basically irrelevant and regional

Thurgood Marshall is important to show the strides made in the first half of the 20th Century in race relations
Nah, omission is being used to assign value. The reason the State Board of Education gave was communism. <Haaaahha>

...and the farm labor movement had national repercussions.

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
You guys who think history happens independently of us also think that if a tree falls in a forest while no one is around that it makes a sound.
Some folks are 1 a/b types, others are 1 c types. A few swing both ways. I just want to know who's buying the drinks! :cheers:

Definition of sound
(Entry 1 of 7)

1a : a particular auditory impression : tone
b : the sensation perceived by the sense of hearing
c : mechanical radiant energy that is transmitted by longitudinal pressure waves in a material medium (such as air) and is the objective cause of hearing

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com
You having a conversation in your head is not us having a conversation. Especially when it's not a conversation, it's you attempting to lecture and me mocking you.

I mock you because I understand exactly what you are saying and not the other way round.
One sign of senility is when you start blurting out those conversations you're having in your head. And so young too!

• Love
Reactions: manbearpig

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Nah, omission is being used to assign value. The reason the State Board of Education gave was communism. <Haaaahha>

...and the farm labor movement had national repercussions.
Exactly.

Ifailalot is okay with revisionist history that agrees with his worldview though.

It's like that one time when Reagan defeated Russia and ended communism by saying 'tear down this wall'.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
History:
"Slavery happened and it was a big deal. It happened mostly because white people who held all the power and money didn't think black people were fully human."

Woke History:
"Slavery happened and it was a big deal. It happened mostly because white people who held all the power and money didn't think black people were fully human. They were awful people. Lots of white people still think that way, and they must be defeated."
Really, woke history is an instruction manual?

I thought you were a teacher.