Hurricane Douglas up next for Hawaii ~ this weekend

PPK96754

Miki Dora status
Apr 15, 2015
Kauai's north shore ~
Hurricane Douglas contines it's westward movement towards the Hawaiian Islands compounding the difficulties already by COVID-19, businesses trying to reopen or staying afloat and medical facilities and staff just trying to get a small needed relief at some point in time.
The predicted hurricane cone with winds should begin skirting the Big Island of Hawaii by Friday evening and begin over the State Saturday, moving westward over Oahu and Kauai on Sunday give or take hours of prediction.
And now the hoarding will begin with Costco and big box chain food stores and lines at gas stations until they run out of supply. TP, gas ice, Spam, rice, saimin shoyu, will be on the priority list. Get some! :jamon:

Keep your wits about yourself and plan accordingly. Be vigilant. Stay safe. We'll need wind shear & prayers ~

Last edited:
Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Hurricane Douglas contines it's westward movement towards the Hawaiian Islands compounding the difficulties already by COVID-19, businesses trying to reopen or staying afloat and medical facilities and staff just trying to get a small needed relief at some point in time.
The predicted hurricane cone with winds should begin skirting the Big Island of Hawaii by Friday evening and begin over the State Saturday, moving westward over Oahu and Kauai on Sunday give or take hours of prediction.
And now the hoarding will begin with Costco and big box chain food stores and lines at gas stations until they run out of supply. TP, gas ice, Spam, rice, saimin shoyu, will be on the priority list. Get some! :jamon:

Keep your wits about yourself and plan accordingly. Be vigilant. Stay safe. We'll need wind shear & prayers ~
Were you on Kauai for Iniki. If so must have been quite an experience.

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
got to take down and lockdown all the tarps saturday
same routine everytime

This time though need to break out the new generator and give it a test run.
Bought a propane/gas unit after the last hurricane
Also picked up the biolite solarhome 620 lighting kit

due to the covid expectant 2nd wave
we got like 90 rolls of TP along with a new bidet
a costco case each of spam, vienna sausage, tuna, rice, and cup a noodles
fill up all the collapsible 5 gallon camping water jugs i bought too
so we should be okay with our portable propane stove

2020 is turning out to be an f'n year

1982 Iwa
1992 Iniki
2018 Lane

I was working downtown answering phones at our 100+ year old main branch on bishop street when iniki hit. They eventually had to board up the windows and send us home. Rode it out in with my sister in her kukui plaza penthouse windows popping in and out all night, spooky.My pops had to ride it out all by himself at home. When my brother showed up to check up on him he found him sitting in the dark listening to his little battery powered am radio eating pork and beans from the can with all the jealousy windows in the house open to let the are flow through. My brother said it looked hilarious. But having lived through WW2, the Korean and Vietnam Wars, he new exactly what to do in such a situation and was enjoying every minute.
Teams of us flew back and forth to Kauai afterwards to help out since they got blasted.

Like the big quake still to rock the west coast to rubble we were long overdue for this to happen.

noone999

OTF status
Sep 13, 2012
HI
It is supposed to be knocked down to just a tropical storm by the time it hits us. It has already downgraded to a 3. It hit 78 degree water and the eye is gone. Now aimed at Maui, Oahu, and Kauai, where the water is warmer. Who knows what it will do? There is wind shear here on islands, so it may tear it apart.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hawaiian Airlines pilot buddy said they are moving all their Honolulu planes to Kona and LA. He said that's unusual but he thinks it's because corporate is on edge because of COVID and loss of income. They are projecting the storm to pass 7 nautical miles south of Honolulu.