Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
New York City is month ahead on this...

The wording is identical BTW.

john4surf

Kelly Slater status
May 28, 2005
CBS, CA
A buddy was a local LA cop before being accepted into the Secret Service years ago. Sometime in the 1960s he and his partner were doing foot patrol in one of the larger LA parks. They heard yelling coming from the public restroom. A guy was holding onto the top of a stall wall divider that had a glory hole. The guy apparently stuck his joint through the hole when he heard someone enter the next stall. That guy wasn’t interested apparently and grabbed the guy’s joint and stuck an ice pick through it deep down to the handle an left. The ‘victim’ couldn’t pull his joint back from the hole and was screaming for help. I asked my buddy what he and his partner did... He said they strolled back to their cruiser to call the station for EMT assistance, after they had lunch.

Last edited:

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
A buddy was a local LA cop before being accepted into the Secret Service years ago. Sometime in the 1960s he and his partner were doing foot patrol in one of the larger LA parks. They heard yelling coming from the public restroom. A guy was holding onto the top of a stall wall divider that had a glory hole. The guy apparently stuck his joint through the hole when he heard someone enter the next stall. That guy wasn’t interested apparently and grabbed the guy’s joint and stuck an ice pick through it deep down to the handle an left. The ‘victim’ couldn’t pull his joint back from the hole and was screaming for help. I asked y buddy what he and his partner did... said they strolled back to their cruiser to call the station for EMT assistance, after they had lunch.
Was it Rob Halford?

One Shot At Glory (Hole)
In the crossfire overhead
Fate stands before me
Words have all been said
One Shot At Glory (Hole)
Driving hard and seeing red
Destiny calls me
night of fire
One Shot At Glory (Hole)

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
A buddy was a local LA cop before being accepted into the Secret Service years ago. Sometime in the 1960s he and his partner were doing foot patrol in one of the larger LA parks. They heard yelling coming from the public restroom. A guy was holding onto the top of a stall wall divider that had a glory hole. The guy apparently stuck his joint through the hole when he heard someone enter the next stall. That guy wasn’t interested apparently and grabbed the guy’s joint and stuck an ice pick through it deep down to the handle an left. The ‘victim’ couldn’t pull his joint back from the hole and was screaming for help. I asked y buddy what he and his partner did... said they strolled back to their cruiser to call the station for EMT assistance, after they had lunch.
People random to carry ice picks with them into public bathroom? Sound like fake story.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My mom worked 8 years as PI in Bloomingdales in the late 60s to early 70s. She said a favorite pasttime of some of her colleagues was to sneak up to the men’s room on the 7th floor, and squawk their radios and laugh as all the men came rushing out in a panic, buttoning their pants. Apparently that was a pretty popular men’s room :roflmao: :ban:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Ice picks and straight edges were not uncommon weapons in the 50s-60s. I believe my buddy’s story, it’s OK if you don’t, I’m not hurt :cool:
Now that I think about it, I do remember a tatted up gramps at a market I worked at who said that he liked ice picks because of the ease of inducing internal bleeding in your opponent. Guess there really are (or at least were) people who carried those things around on a regular basis :drowning:

Reactions: john4surf