Surf Equipment: Quality Gear

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
Ci Hex Leash.
For big waves the Hotline stage 3 leash has been great.
CI Tail pads. Gummy, mellow contours, no big knobs.
Da Kine stuff is generally pretty good. Pads and leashes both. Plus they make sick fanny packs for mountain biking.
Futures fins. For the most part fit and finish has been good. Had one set that was twisted out of many but they replaced it.
FCS fin case. The newer one, not the old CD case looking one.
O&E and Da Kine board bags aren't too bad.
North Shore Garb straps for roof racks. Quick and EZ. Survived two trips to baja so far, no issues.

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
I am a recent convert to Creatures leashes, the cuffs are really nice and soft and cord doesn't seem to tangle as easily.
Love patagucci trunks.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
anyone know of a good quality wetsuit patch? i have a perfect, free, rip curl someone left on the wrong kind of hanger. so despite being new its really worn thin on the upper shoulders
1595261803772.png

Jul 20, 2008
XM Tangle Free leash
Matunas wax
Vans 3mm booties- was hard putting on when new but after break in they fit like a glove.

Reactions: Aruka

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Dakine pads/ leashes have been really consistent for me although Im keen on trying some of these corduroy/ un textured pads.

Have had great luck with Rip Curl suits and the fit is always reliable.

Obviously I adore Stamps boards.

Corsurf drybag has help up nicely on multiple trips and lots of local use over the years and is cheap as fook.

Volcom or RVCA trunks comfy as hell and holdup opver time.

Reactions: Havoc

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Pads: octopus corduroy ones
Bags: FCS, great rail protection
Leashes: ocean earth premium XT, comp is stronger than other brands regular leashes
Fins: recent FCS h4 convert, fast as hell
Wax: sex wax quick humps
Boardshorts: volcom

corndog

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2004
All of my locally made bad ass tie down straps and packs. f--- yeah! I kow a few of you have them.

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
Stretch Boards (I have a CFT buzz gun that has been through 4+ seasons at ocean beach, custom ordering always a pleasure)
Isurus wetsuits (IMO worth the $$$)
Stay Covered big wave leashes (small waves ones are whatever)
Patagonia boardies +1
Those old quicksilver boardies with the diamond dobby
astrodeck traction
twin fins

Reactions: Havoc

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
O'Neill Skinz undershorts. Wear under any boardshorts you like, no rash.

My custom Mockayama Howard Mini clone with some secret sauce added.

Futures F2s as sidebites.

Xcel Drylocks. Complain all you want "they don't dry fast enough, they're not flexible enough" but when the water is 40 degrees and the air temp is below freezing with howling winds they actually work.

My thai made FutureFlex Hypto Krypto. Make fun, but size it right and it works amazingly well in dumpy beach break and after 3 years it's still white as hell and barely has foot dents. Feels exactly the same as the USA custom I had before it that snapped after several years.

Bubble Gum GU wax. Comes in a dime bag. Sticky as hell.

Reactions: MathDebater

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Oh yeah, I got the fancy patagonia undershorts on sale and they've been a game changer for trunking it. I rash easily and they have completely eliminated the problem, even on longer trips.

Reactions: Havoc and jkb