Watch out! Cyclist coming through

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
Audio is so clean, no wind, no scooter noise. Would love to know what mic they used.
We took some GoPro footage in Colorado, and the wind noise is unbearable. Saw that some people are using little furry mic stickers on their GoPros. Going to try this next time.

Luckily, the grom's freewheel is not obnoxiously loud and isn't audible on the video.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Just wasted the last hour trying to do ghetto tubeless only to realize WTB sells "inner tube only" versions of their tires which is what my kid's bike has. I tried to use a converted weed sprayer as the compressor too. I don't think that was the problem.

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably-priced 27.5 x 2.25" tubeless wheel set? Aluminum is fine.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Just wasted the last hour trying to do ghetto tubeless only to realize WTB sells "inner tube only" versions of their tires which is what my kid's bike has. I tried to use a converted weed sprayer as the compressor too. I don't think that was the problem.

Anyone know where I can get a reasonably-priced 27.5 x 2.25" tubeless wheel set? Aluminum is fine.
WTB tires that come with bikes usually suck. You should be able to go tubeless with the stock rims:
I’m also a proponent of purchasing tubeless rim tape.

Last edited:

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005

Way cheaper just to get tubeless ready tires.

I also ran out of stan's and bought some off brand sealant from Amazon: way harder to initially seal a new tire on my groms bike.

Reactions: $kully

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth

I also ran out of stan's and bought some off brand sealant from Amazon: way harder to initially seal a new tire on my groms bike.
Word on tubeless ready tires. Not sure what trails the Grom will be riding but when it comes to tires you could do worse than Minions. I seat my tires without sealant (Orange) then use a 20ml oral syringe and some aquarium airline tubing to inject the sealant through the valve stem.

Reactions: PRCD

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

I switched from stans to orange sealant a while back. Works well.

ghostshaper

Phil Edwards status
Jan 22, 2005
I too am curious about mountain bike fashion.

What do I wear?

I don't want to be the spring suit and booties guy out on the trails.

This is my gayest post to date, btw and I'm ok with that.
I wear some hybrid shorts just b/c I like pockets to keep my phone, in case of emergencies. Under, I'll ride w/ my usual boxers, but if it's a gnarly ride, I'll wear some padded bike underwear (like boxer briefs w/ a synthetic chamois). If I'm riding a lot, then my butt bones are tough, but if I haven't ridden in a while, they feel like they get bruised (gay code joe).

Reactions: jkb and Ifallalot

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
I too am curious about mountain bike fashion.

What do I wear?

I don't want to be the spring suit and booties guy out on the trails.

This is my gayest post to date, btw and I'm ok with that.
Eye Pro. Gloves. Relatively tight hiking shorts so they won’t get snagged on the seat. Any tech fabric shirt works. I like long sleeves so this time of year I’m alternating between a Patagucci tropical hoody or a super light weight, neon yellow/green $20 motocross jersey if I’m going somewhere with a lot of hikers/other riders. I’m rocking the best helmet money can buy imo (Bell Super Air? Spherical MIPS) because I’m dumb enough already along with knee/elbow pads every ride because at 50 I’m doing stupid sh!t like learning how to wheelie, manual, and bunny hop while trail riding.

Finally, real flat pedal shoes (5.10 Freerider) are so worth it.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
WTB tires that come with bikes usually suck. You should be able to go tubeless with the stock rims:
I’m also a proponent of purchasing tubeless rim tape.
Thanks. Yeah, I used 1.88" gorilla tape. It must've been the tires. I think I'm just going to try to find a used tubeless wheelset on Pinkbike and put Stan's in the inner tubes for now. Really, I just don't want to have to change a lot of flats like I did on my bike before I went tubeless.