A few ???s regarding the state of Washington

ringer

Tom Curren status
Aug 2, 2002
Huntington Beach, California
I UNDERSTAND that this is a 4 year old post that was recently topped (not by me), but it made me stocked for my trip tomorrow to the reputedly quite sublime Suncadia Resort in Cle Elum, Washington, located 90 miles southeast of Seattle. Big family wedding that the ballzy bride and groom booked long ago and are just going with it. Be there or be square. Lots of invitees are not going, for understandable reasons, but my nuclear family shall be attending.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Casa goes to Washington has a nice ring to it.

Did you end up going to the Olympic Peninsula Casa? If so, what did you think?

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I UNDERSTAND that this is a 4 year old post that was recently topped (not by me), but it made me stocked for my trip tomorrow to the reputedly quite sublime Suncadia Resort in Cle Elum, Washington, located 90 miles southeast of Seattle. Big family wedding that the ballzy bride and groom booked long ago and are just going with it. Be there or be square. Lots of invitees are not going, for understandable reasons, but my nuclear family shall be attending.
going to Cle Ellum, you say.....

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My sister's kid is supposed to get married in two weeks.

The wedding was already cancelled once right at the start of the mandated social distancing.

Maybe again.

My sister and her kid are loosing their sh!t over it.

• Sad
Reactions: afoaf

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
weddings are the fkn worst - call it a blessing in disguise

save your money for a downpayment on a house

I have told multiple friends considering small/no weddings, "you get a bigger gift
if you don't make me have to get gussied up (and travel) to a wedding"

Reactions: Aruka

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
weddings are the fkn worst - call it a blessing in disguise

save your money for a downpayment on a house

I have told multiple friends considering small/no weddings, "you get a bigger gift
if you don't make me have to get gussied up (and travel) to a wedding"
When they were planning last summer I said, rent a hall, buy a keg and some wine and get Campini's to cater it. Save money.

The groom was like, "Yeah. That sounds smart."

My niece was like "FVCK YOU, UNCLE STUPID! YOUR LUCKY YOUR LOOSER ASS IS EVEN GETTING INVITED!"

Who's Uncle Stupid now?

The place they paid the money to don't want to give them a refund. And it wasn't cheap.

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Got hitched in City Hall.

Went on honeymoon in Big Sur, stayed at a friend of a friend's place.

It was full of mice (rich people have too many choices so they don't go often enough to the Big Sur place so wildlife moves in).

Apparently the nightly mouse hunt was a bit less than enjoyable, so fast forward a year later, I allowed myself to be talked into a 2nd honeymoon in the fine state of Hawaii.

We sent out the wedding notices from Hanalei Bay (only to come home and get chewed out by my oldest mean sister by being selfish and denying "everyone" a big party).

Reactions: the janitor

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Where/what is the wedding venue?

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
A woman's agreement on a cheap wedding is a good screen.
Bingo. Happily married still, 10 years later. I actually planned most of it. Funky old motel on the beach, we took over all the rooms at 99 per night. Catered pig roast, wine, beer, vodka, and dark n stormy fixings. Reggae band. Epic, and inexpensive. Had a big coach bus take us all out drinking at a riverfront rock and roll bar until they closed it down. Back to the beach for skinny dipping with all our best friends sometime between 1 am and dawn. I even remember parts of it Kinda