Say racist sh!t in Santa Barbara and you will die...

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Stay home. Stay away from people who aren’t wearing masks.

I wear a mask. Expressing displeasure with forced compliance doesn’t infringe on your rights.

There’s a real phenomenon with left learners that is the root of much misunderstanding of non-left positions.

To many on the left things they don’t like should be prohibited and things they do like should be compulsory.

It’s like the “arm teachers” movement. I heard so many leftis arguing against “forcing” teachers to carry guns when in reality it would just let them decide if they wanted to.

PS: we can’t stop a virus. We are all going to get it.
Smallpox was stopped.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Stay home. Stay away from people who aren’t wearing masks.

I wear a mask. Expressing displeasure with forced compliance doesn’t infringe on your rights.

There’s a real phenomenon with left learners that is the root of much misunderstanding of non-left positions.

To many on the left things they don’t like should be prohibited and things they do like should be compulsory.

It’s like the “arm teachers” movement. I heard so many leftis arguing against “forcing” teachers to carry guns when in reality it would just let them decide if they wanted to.

PS: we can’t stop a virus. We are all going to get it.

Why do you feel this way?

I feel like the mask thing is a perfect example of this. Let's assume for the sake of argument that it works.

People say "I have a right not to wear a mask." What about my right not to be made ill by people who refuse to wear the mask. Whose right is more important? Your right not to wear a mask or mine (and therefore everyone else's right) to not be made sick. Why, in this case, does one right to not wear a mask supersede everyone else's right to not be made sick?
I am 100% against teachers carrying unless kids can carry too.

I am not accusing you personally of not wearing a mask. This is the royal you/we/I being discussed here, and our rights.

You didn't answer my question. Why does your one right not to wear a mask supersede everyone else's right to not be made sick?

Reactions: plasticbertrand

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I am 100% against teachers carrying unless kids can carry too.

I am not accusing you personally of not wearing a mask. This is the royal you/we/I being discussed here, and our rights.

You didn't answer my question. Why does your one right not to wear a mask supersede everyone else's right to not be made sick?
You missed the point entirely regarding arming teachers.

On the mask thing, where does it stop? Why not masks during flu season? Why not goggles?

On second thought why should you even be allowed to go outside at all? You might get someone sick even with a mask.

We should all just be locked up in individual cells. It’s the only way to be safe.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006

On the mask thing, where does it stop? Why not masks during flu season? Why not goggles?

On second thought why should you even be allowed to go outside at all? You might get someone sick even with a mask.

We should all just be locked up in individual cells. It’s the only way to be safe.
No point missed. Your example of armed teachers is irrelevant.

So it's the ol' slippery slope thing. Man, you're a turn-off.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Actually you missed it entirely. You guys think like this...

Mask good - everyone must wear by force.

Going to beach bad - everyone must prohibited from beach!

I don’t like this statue - nobody should ever see statue!

I don’t like this book - burn it!

• Haha
Reactions: manbearpig

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom

1594220583887.gif

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006

So it's the ol' slippery slope thing. Man, you're a turn-off.

Actually you missed it entirely. You guys think like this...

Mask good - everyone must wear by force.

Going to beach bad - everyone must prohibited from beach!

I don’t like this statue - nobody should ever see statue!

I don’t like this book - burn it!
I do think everyone should wear a mask in closed spaces and in situations where appropriate distance cannot be maintained. I am fine with this being enforced until the pandemic subsides, yes.

No books should be burned, no statues destroyed. Statues moved? sure. Destroyed, it's a bit much, but I don't really care either way, really. I'm not for enforcing the destruction of statues, I am for moving them to museums where they belong. I think it would be better for the country as a whole if they were moved to museums. That's my opinion.

And you still haven't answered the question. Here it is again:

Why is one person's right to not wear a mask more important than everyone else's not to become ill?

The only person trying to have books burned right now is our president.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
I don't think it's far fetched to consider that not becoming enraged by a racist insult is a component of white privilege

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I do think everyone should wear a mask in closed spaces and in situations where appropriate distance cannot be maintained. I am fine with this being enforced until the pandemic subsides, yes.

No books should be burned, no statues destroyed. Statues moved? sure. Destroyed, it's a bit much, but I don't really care either way, really. I'm not for enforcing the destruction of statues, I am for moving them to museums where they belong. I think it would be better for the country as a whole if they were moved to museums. That's my opinion.

And you still haven't answered the question. Here it is again:

Why is one person's right to not wear a mask more important than everyone else's not to become ill?

No statues outside of museums. Fine by me. Build more museums.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
That’s what your tv told you to think.

Your health isn’t my responsibility.

link?

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Is there a flu shot you get then never get the flu again? Nope.

Is the anual shot you get even 50% effective for a one time prophylactic?

Nope.

That ain’t no vaccine.
U get a different shot every year, because it is a different virus every year. We just lump them alk together under the flu umberella.

I'd even be fine with a different Rona shot every year if it mutates.

Even a tetanus shot needs a booster every 5 or 10 years