Say racist sh!t in Santa Barbara and you will die...

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
No. I’m taking the word of the puncher/tweeter. Just like I said.

Pillow handed because he had a clean shot to the jaw of a drunk guy and didn’t put him out. So yeah, weak ass punch.

I don’t know anything about bike bro HB so I’ll have to take your word for it.
The puncher had mercy on the old guy, because clearly old folks have diminished capacity.

Remember that next time I **** you guys off.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
That dude didn't look that old.

Definitely old enough to know better though.

How many "I'm sorry's" does it take to cancel out the N-word?

More than three apparently.

I like how the friend comes over to attend to the fallen beer before his fallen buddy.

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
As an outsider I find it perplexing that blacks use the N word in their music to refer to each other and refer to each other as such in their conversations together but it instantly turns into an racist slur when uttered by a non black.
Why don't they stop using the word altogether?

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
As an outsider I find it perplexing that blacks use the N word in their music to refer to each other and refer to each other as such in their conversations together but it instantly turns into an racist slur when uttered by a non black.
Why don't they stop using the word altogether?
Are there things that you can say about your mother, or wife, or kid, that aren’t that complimentary, but if someone else says those same things, you’re like, Fvck You, who the fvck are you to talk sh*t about my mother/wife/kid

Not sure if that will pass the test of the erbb comparison validity council or not. I’m not sure if I even think it’s a valid comparison, buyout comment made me think of that

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Are there things that you can say about your mother, or wife, or kid, that aren’t that complimentary, but if someone else says those same things, you’re like, Fvck You, who the fvck are you to talk sh*t about my mother/wife/kid

Not sure if that will pass the test of the erbb comparison validity council or not. I’m not sure if I even think it’s a valid comparison, buyout comment made me think of that
There are no insults that in and of itself would cause me to punch someone.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
There are no insults that in and of itself would cause me to punch someone.
Hmmmmmmm, yeah, I was thinking more of being outraged
I’m not 100% sure if there are or are not insults that would cause me to punch someone. I’m leaning towards no, But not 100% sure

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
L
oh, Pete....
I actually agree with him. It's their choice, so whatever, no problem. If that's the way they want it, fine. But it's a lot easier to kill a word when NOBODY uses it. The word is just forbidden.

Seems like common sense. Which, I realize, is far from common anymore.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Ignorance.

And a culture that does not recognize the primacy of the individual.

This is changing in this country, and there's nothing anyone can do that will stop it. Prolong the change, perhaps, but not stop it.

Yup. Bummer too.
Why do you feel this way?

I feel like the mask thing is a perfect example of this. Let's assume for the sake of argument that it works.

People say "I have a right not to wear a mask." What about my right not to be made ill by people who refuse to wear the mask. Whose right is more important? Your right not to wear a mask or mine (and therefore everyone else's right) to not be made sick. Why, in this case, does one right to not wear a mask supersede everyone else's right to not be made sick?

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Fear of lawyers, jail, lawsuits, causing inadvertent physical harm, basic maturity.
No. By resorting to violence over words you empower the words and the person uttering them. The best retort to an insult is indifference.

You call me whatever and you might not even get an eye roll from me.

Get up in my space and thing might be different.

Reactions: npsp

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
L

I actually agree with him. It's their choice, so whatever, no problem. If that's the way they want it, fine. But it's a lot easier to kill a word when NOBODY uses it. The word is just forbidden.

Seems like common sense. Which, I realize, is far from common anymore.
That’s right. Everyone or no one. Preach it my Chuck! (not Norris you honky)

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why do you feel this way?

I feel like the mask thing is a perfect example of this. Let's assume for the sake of argument that it works.

People say "I have a right not to wear a mask." What about my right not to be made ill by people who refuse to wear the mask. Whose right is more important? Your right not to wear a mask or mine (and therefore everyone else's right) to not be made sick. Why, in this case, does one right to not wear a mask supersede everyone else's right to not be made sick?
Stay home. Stay away from people who aren’t wearing masks.

I wear a mask. Expressing displeasure with forced compliance doesn’t infringe on your rights.

There’s a real phenomenon with left learners that is the root of much misunderstanding of non-left positions.

To many on the left things they don’t like should be prohibited and things they do like should be compulsory.

It’s like the “arm teachers” movement. I heard so many leftis arguing against “forcing” teachers to carry guns when in reality it would just let them decide if they wanted to.

PS: we can’t stop a virus. We are all going to get it.