***Official 2020 Tropical Weather Thread***

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Looks like mid atlantic and north are going to get some surf friday/saturday.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
The beachbreaks should have better shape.
Yep. I don't think this will be a huge swell as it's topping out at 85 kts. But my usual does take a SSE pretty decently and I think the good times will keep on rollin... :shaka:

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
Christina is going to unravel quicker than initially forecast. Minimal hurricane status for one day and heading more westerly. Skunked.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Christina is going to unravel quicker than initially forecast. Minimal hurricane status for one day and heading more westerly. Skunked.
Yep. Bummer. Although I think your spot of choice up north will be good (and you have been scoring lately - great pics btw). Also a fine time to have a boat to hit up certain spot(s) on south side of Santa Cruz Island.

Hopefully this hurricane starts to heat up the water around central Baja and create a path for future hurricanes this season.

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
I saw pics of Yellowbanks during Marie swell. Holy Fukc!

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
we are in more or less the heart of Fay right now. and yeah, the promise of off shores, for south faces anyway, is not, uh, promising. but, with water in the mid 70's and summer flatness behind and ahead, i intend to surf a lot of sloppy crappy overhead surf the next few days

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
we are in more or less the heart of Fay right now. and yeah, the promise of off shores, for south faces anyway, is not, uh, promising. but, with water in the mid 70's and summer flatness behind and ahead, i intend to surf a lot of sloppy crappy overhead surf the next few days
Went for a swim an hour ago, great to be in a moving ocean again.

Reactions: Subway

surfadelphia

Nep status
Nov 15, 2010
I'm wondering how much the water temp will drop overnight.

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
La Nina taking it's toll on the Cristina forecast. Not making even minimum hurricane status. La Nina will probably give the EC a more active season, for better or worse. Careful what you wish for over there.

Cooler waters southwest of Cabo will keep storms from turning hurricane status a while longer. Once a storm gets up to latitude 20 or so SW of Cabo (straight S of SD), ocean temps are still cooler than normal. Will likely have to wait until late July/August for that prime stretch of So Cal window to warm up enough to sustain hurricane strength storms.

Reactions: gbg