Who else has convinced themselves they need a new board during this Covid-19 downtime?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I'm convinced that I need a new surfboard always.

Those sanded to the bone rails make me sad for the board and you. Doesn't look pretty in front of the fin boxes either

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The surprising thing is it's both rails. I would think if you burn through that much on one side you would take it nice and easy on the other side. Guess not.

And, regarding the area around the finboxes - they feel as if they weren't sanded to completion. At the showroom I thought it was just some residual dust/grit, but nah. It's literally rough around the boxes, as well as areas of the channel running down the middle.

Dunno if I should just spray with acrylic and not worry about it?

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
"It does the weirdest fukcing sh!t" Yeah, that's pretty apparent from the video they marketed it with. Even the pros surfed like ass on it. Salsa looked good on it though.

I have read about the commenter, he built the Indies Explorer and has lived in the Ments since the 80s if that's relevant.

Last edited:

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
"It does the weirdest fukcing sh!t" Yeah, that's pretty apparent from the video they marketed it with. Even the pros surfed like ass on it. Salsa looked good on it though.

I have read about the commenter, he built the Indies Explorer and has lived in the Ments since the 80s if that's relevant.
I'm so intrigued by the fishbeard.

My friend has one and loves it. Another person I talked to hates his. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.