Grocery Store Situation

HarryLopez

Phil Edwards status
Jan 17, 2007
Neck deep
Just went to Safeway, midday. LInes not too long when I finished. People ignoring arrows on ground and getting close as they want, little over half wearing masks. None of the wife's cleaning spray for weeks now, but food seemed all stoked up. Still trying to shop once every couple weeks, not necessarily cause da Covid but it's nice not interacting with the general public very much.

Reactions: Beerbelly

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
Just went to Safeway, midday. LInes not too long when I finished. People ignoring arrows on ground and getting close as they want, little over half wearing masks. None of the wife's cleaning spray for weeks now, but food seemed all stoked up. Still trying to shop once every couple weeks, not necessarily cause da Covid but it's nice not interacting with the general public very much.
It’s nice that I now have an excuse for my people hating.

JBerry

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 8, 2017
HAHA thats how albertsons was last weekend! I joked w a shopper, as he was going 'the wrong way' that 'nobody pays attention to those arrows on the ground' while I point at it. we just laughed.

• Angry
Reactions: ~rwright~

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
"...stoked up"? It's STOCKED up.

Reactions: HarryLopez

~rwright~

Michael Peterson status
Apr 14, 2015
Los Angeles~California!
HAHA thats how albertsons was last weekend! I joked w a shopper, as he was going 'the wrong way' that 'nobody pays attention to those arrows on the ground' while I point at it. we just laughed.
i 'karen-ed' some beee~itch at Von's yesterday,
told the dummy that she was goin' 'the wrong way' down my aisle as i shopped for soda + water to enjoy my pizza with @ thee beach, had a laugh as i did so while watchin' as she turned around, marchin' her cute lil' arse back up that aisle, but i did let her take cuts in front of me at the 1 way check~out line, hahaha...

:cursing:

ps ~ can't forget this 'oldie':

Last edited:

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
i 'karen-ed' some beee~itch at Von's yesterday,
told the dummy that she was goin' 'the wrong way' down my aisle as i shopped for soda + water to enjoy my pizza with @ thee beach, had a laugh as i did so while watchin' as she turned around, marchin' her cute lil' arse back up that aisle, but i did let her take cuts in front of me at the 1 way check~out line, hahaha...

:cursing:

ps ~ can't forget this 'oldie':
Supermarkets were basically designed for MILF watching.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Supermarkets were basically designed for MILF watching.
Zone-dependent. I bet afoaf's local Whole Foods is slap full of 35-45 year old bottle blondes and the manager is asking to speak to them, straight simpin'.

Middle Beach Commons Publix here is across the street from a place that has group yoga certain weeknights. Pre-Covid, there'd be random nights I'd head there after the post-work shopping slacked off, and sometimes that place would be holding, so hard.

Reactions: rts265

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I went to Sacramento a few weeks ago and figured I'd take advantage of the free time, ample parking, and lower prices.
Coming from SF where you are supposed to wear a mask for all public activities and it is the law that patrons must wear masks in businesses, it freaked me out to see maybe 50% of people wearing masks. No attempts at distancing, people leaning over the sneeze guard at the sandwich counter, and employees with a blatant disregard to the idea. I was shook.

I was back in Sac this weekend and picked up some take-out from a truck that parks behind a brewery. Holy sh!t. The brewery was open, people were packed in there, very few masks. It's a trip.

Mind you. I've seen massive amounts of people together at protests here, but for the most part, people are wearing masks, and attempting to keep a little bit of room between them. It's not perfect, but there seems to be some intention in following the city ordinance while forming a large group. The city opened up outdoor dining Friday, but it looks miserable in most places near me. You get a tiny table where you pretend like you're having a good time while there are people moving on all sides of you ordering takeout, picking up deliveries, waiting for a table, or just walking down the street. I'm gonna take a hard pass

Reactions: rice

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
I was in line at Smart & Final yesterday and this complete A$$hole started going off on this older lady behind me because she didn't have a mask on, took it all the way to the checker. Embarrassing. I just looked back at her and rolled my eyes.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
still lots of stuff unavailable.
supply situation kinda going sideways.

Where are you shopping?

Every store I go to is stocked, and has been stocked, to the brim...

If you're on the East Coast it may be a different story, I've heard of random stuff being unavailable. Don't know why that is.

Last edited:

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
Plain yogurt has been hard to find at the usual spots, luckily kosher and Levantine markets have it or labneh in good supply.

There was a bit on NPR the other day about why this is happening, "scarcity" of certain foods. Because demand is so high right now they are making fewer brands and flavors and focusing on the ones that sell best. It takes time to change the production line for sour cream & onion vs BBQ potato chips they they are deleting one for the time being. Instead of 60 kinds of Frito-Lay chips we might only have 20.

Fucking communists, taking away my freedoms to eat 3X Hot Cheetos.

• Haha
Reactions: PJ and the janitor

potato-nator

Phil Edwards status
Nov 10, 2015
Where are you shopping?

Every store I go to is stocked, and has been stocked, to the brim...

If you're on the East Coast it may be a different story, I've heard of random stuff being unavailable. Don't know why that is.
Shop rite somers pt new jersey.
Lots of stuff still; lots gone/unavail.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
^ sh!t Right is part of the problem. Pube Licks dominates that dump! Drive South on I-95 until you can get a Publix tendie sub.

I'm still seeing not that much in the way of bleach cleaner. Like foaming bubbles bleach spray to clean sh!t. It feels prone to running low. TP and PT have been in decent supply.

ShiverMeTimbers

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Mar 21, 2006
Gig Harbor
www.peistcharters.com
^ sh!t Right is part of the problem. Pube Licks dominates that dump! Drive South on I-95 until you can get a Publix tendie sub.

I'm still seeing not that much in the way of bleach cleaner. Like foaming bubbles bleach spray to clean sh!t. It feels prone to running low. TP and PT have been in decent supply.
Costco up here doesn't have any TP or paper towels. Cleaning supplies are sold out in Safeway.