So it’s official. ‘Public health officials’ need to be ignored....

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
you guys will like this one.

while i'm surfing this morning this guy tells me about how he's out eating at a popular oceanside restaurant which now has a lot of outside seating.

everyone is sitting outside, enjoying their food and beers, and watching some protestors come down PCH. it's all good. people eating are supportive of the message of the peaceful protests about ending racism, etc.

then at the very end of the line of protestors there's this small group of black teenagers that looks over at everyone outside eating and yells:

"fook white america"

lol.

i can only imagine everyone kinda looking down and then saying something like "so . . . how's your food?"

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Ahhh, another one with a purposeful misunderstanding of what should be burning down

I know you have to bend the narrative to suit your weak gotchas, but the fact that you get corrected every time yet continue to do it plays your hand
Bullshit. If you recall, during the original haircut protests, I said they should be taking their protests to the areas where the money is actually hoarded. That hasn't changed. If, instead of looting a vape shop, they reenacted the Battle of Cannae on the more tony gated neighborhoods, well, you might see some more effective change.

And no, you haven't corrected a thing. You just can't gather the balls to admit your short-sightedness in doing the equivalent of electing Idi Amin to eliminate cannibalism to be edgy and then complaining about the wrong people being eaten.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
no fooking way i'm getting in a mass of people

i should add though that last week i picked up my mail without a glove (only because hand sanitizer was close at hand)

that's where my risk tolerance is
Prediction: on your way to mailbox you trip and fall, hit your head on the pavement and u you our family pulls the plug after 7 weeks in a coma.

I’m only half joking.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
you guys will like this one.

while i'm surfing this morning this guy tells me about how he's out eating at a popular oceanside restaurant which now has a lot of outside seating.

everyone is sitting outside, enjoying their food and beers, and watching some protestors come down PCH. it's all good. people eating are supportive of the message of the peaceful protests about ending racism, etc.

then at the very end of the line of protestors there's this small group of black teenagers that looks over at everyone outside eating and yells:

"fook white america"

lol.

i can only imagine everyone kinda looking down and then saying something like "so . . . how's your food?"
Im sure the people eating food could just put up a black square on IG and those youths would be all good with them.

• Love
Reactions: Ifallalot

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Prediction: on your way to mailbox you trip and fall, hit your head on the pavement and u you our family pulls the plug after 7 weeks in a coma.

I’m only half joking.
nah. i got my ukemi.

you get all these injuries from judo and then sensei is like, "yes. but you will always know how to fall and one day it will be very important."

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Bullshit. If you recall, during the original haircut protests, I said they should be taking their protests to the areas where the money is actually hoarded. That hasn't changed. If, instead of looting a vape shop, they reenacted the Battle of Cannae on the more tony gated neighborhoods, well, you might see some more effective change.

And no, you haven't corrected a thing. You just can't gather the balls to admit your short-sightedness in doing the equivalent of electing Idi Amin to eliminate cannibalism to be edgy and then complaining about the wrong people being eaten.
Ok, you can still stick to your narrative, I can see it's making you feel better

Destroying private property is counterproductive

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
nah. i got my ukemi.

you get all these injuries from judo and then sensei is like, "yes. but you will always know how to fall and one day it will be very important."
Oh. A judoka. I apologize for my transgression. Please don’t get grips on me. If we ever meet in person I’m pulling guard.

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Ok, you can still stick to your narrative, I can see it's making you feel better

Destroying private property is counterproductive
Ha. I just call it as I see it. Which apparently ruffles feathers.

Yes, like I have said, follow the money. Look who has gained the most during everything going on and liquidate accordingly.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
nah. you'd kick my ass. i went on/off for 8 months and then the virus hit. trying judo at 45 was interesting though. fun stuff.
Yeah getting tossed around at 45+ is rough. Especially if it’s a new thing.

When the lockdown went into effect I did no Jiu Jitsu for 3 weeks. My body was pain free for the first in a decade.

Been training 2-3 days per week since then though.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Yeah getting tossed around at 45+ is rough. Especially if it’s a new thing.

When the lockdown went into effect I did no Jiu Jitsu for 3 weeks. My body was pain free for the first in a decade.

Been training 2-3 days per week since then though.
i bruised two ribs and ganked my shoulder on a crappy (my fauilt) seoi nagi during randori on a guy with 50 pounds on me; thankfully that healed 100% but it took 4-5 months.

who knows; maybe i'll get there some day. i really enjoy the whole deal.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
i bruised two ribs and ganked my shoulder on a crappy (my fauilt) seoi nagi during randori on a guy with 50 pounds on me; thankfully that healed 100% but it took 4-5 months.

who knows; maybe i'll get there some day. i really enjoy the whole deal.
Ive has too many injuries to list.

Torn intercostal, broken stuff, spinal...

Only time I stopped was 6 weeks for the intercostal.

It’s not judo though.

PS: still not gonna let you get grips on me.

obslop

Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Ive has too many injuries to list.

Torn intercostal, broken stuff, spinal...

Only time I stopped was 6 weeks for the intercostal.

It’s not judo though.

PS: still not gonna let you get grips on me.
intercostal - this sucks. one little area in your ribs and your entire body has to take a break.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Ahhh, another one with a purposeful misunderstanding of what should be burning down

I know you have to bend the narrative to suit your weak gotchas, but the fact that you get corrected every time yet continue to do it plays your hand
Fire is very indiscriminate.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Public Health Officials Say Social Justice Matters More Than Social Distance”

Do you think the threat of the virus now and the level of uncertainty is the same as it was 8 weeks ago?

Could that influence their decision making?

Does the opinion of these handfull of people justify a generalization about people who called for social distancing?

But yeah, they seem like hypocrites to me too.

I cringe when I see all those people protesting and hope the virus doesn't make a kick ass rebound.

Reactions: Phi1

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
guidance changed so that makes the original guidance void?

is that the point of this dirty diaper thread?

the fact that we know more about contagiousness and lethality compounded
by the perceived need to physically support the emergent social movement
has nothing to do with it....we're just going to dismiss everything out of hand?

I mean, if we're (you're) so sure the protests are potentiated by the shelter in place
orders and number of people unemployed...why can't the inverse be true - that the
guidance from the medical community is tempered by the need to give people a
sense that they can express themselves politically while also maintaining some
semblance of safety?

all the calls to protest include requests to wear masks and stay home if you are
symptomatic or in an at risk demo.

Reactions: Phi1

Phi1

Phil Edwards status
May 21, 2002
Hell Cajon, Ca
Do you think the threat of the virus now and the level of uncertainty is the same as it was 8 weeks ago?

Could that influence their decision making?

Does the opinion of these handfull of people justify a generalization about people who called for social distancing?

But yeah, they seem like hypocrites to me too.

I cringe when I see all those people protesting and hope the virus doesn't make a kick ass rebound.
For the health officials, an over reaction was the desired outcome for social distancing. Hopefully they can apply what has been learned to open the economy back up.

I’m sure the anti-lockdown folks will use this experience as further justification to ignore the chicken little climate scientists.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
It's weird is the different conclusions to the social distancing.

Depending on your bias, it was an over reaction to a non threat or the variable that thwarted the threat.

I don't know who is right.

Reactions: afoaf