What Did Target Do?

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
And yet the large-business CEO does more looting with a pen than 100 rioters could do with a pound of crystal meth and an unlimited supply of crowbars.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
They have sh!t people want
The rioters apparently have no use for the organic, free-range chicken at Whole Foods.

I am guessing the Target does not have the high-class Courvoisier. The key to quality looting is not to grab something so large you struggle with it. Too easy for someone to crack you in the head with something and take the couch or TV you worked so hard to get out of the store. I mean, if I was going to loot, I would get something high value for low weight. And that's where the high end liquor comes in. Stealing 40s is just wasteful and inefficient.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I guess the rioters have no use for the organic, free-range chicken at Whole Foods.

I am guessing the Target does not have the high-class Courvoisier. The key to quality looting is not to grab something so large you struggle with it. Too easy for someone to crack you in the head with something and take the couch or TV you worked so hard to get out of the sttore. I mean, if I was going to loot and get something high value for low weight. And that's where the high end liquor comes in. Stealing 40s is just wasteful and inefficient.
One of them being interviewed last night said

"Dey drove a car into the Mall of America! I'm bout to hit up that Foot Locker!"

Carictures

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
One of them being interviewed last night said

"Dey drove a car into the Mall of America! I'm bout to hit up that Foot Locker!"

Carictures
Like dumping tea in a polluted harbor.

I swear, Mrs. O'Leary's cow is still the most effective rioter in American history.

If they had any moxie, they'd burn a gun store to the ground just to watch all the ammo cook off.

• Haha
Reactions: hammies

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
  • Dislike
Reactions: Ifallalot

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
whoever believes this is a fool.

But rarely is success achieved without great effort.

Either way you want to look at it rioting and looting is the action of scum bags. How they came to be scum bags makes for interesting discussion but it doesn’t change what they are.

Society should work to change the conditions that cause this to happen but at the time there should be no tolerance for this type of behavior.
im not saying they’re good people

I’m just saying if I lived in the ghetto and went to sh!t schools my whole life where I didn’t learn anything and i was looking at working at KFC for the rest of my life, I might not fully buy into the idea that we live in a just society whose rules I should automatically follow

Your Moms Dildo

Michael Peterson status
Jan 17, 2014
Next to the Lube

I’m just saying if I lived in the ghetto and went to sh!t schools my whole life where I didn’t learn anything and i was looking at working at KFC for the rest of my life, I might not fully buy into the idea that we live in a just society whose rules I should automatically follow
You do get out what you put in.

People that expect a reward with little to no effort, can go fuck themselves.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar

Exactly. What have they got to lose?

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
You do get out what you put in.

People that expect a reward with little to no effort, can go fook themselves.
its situation specific

let’s say you went to a school where they put 50ish kids in a classroom based on an assumption that half would drop out after a few months

maybe you want to learn but the tougher kids take all of the desks and so you have to stand in the back of the room

when the tougher kids find out you’re trying to learn they terrorize you

how does the effort = results equation adequately describe that type of situation?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
RAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS

I do agree that rioting and protesting is in our DNA. That's exactly you shouldn't have been surprised when people protested being locked down
On the other hand, there is probably something more at stake when you are protesting another state-sanctioned murder in the streets vs. not being able to get a perm and driving from Hesperia to HB to voice that oppression.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
On the other hand, there is probably something more at stake when you are protesting another state-sanctioned murder in the streets vs. not being able to get a perm and driving from Hesperia to HB to voice that oppression.
Loss of liberty is loss of liberty

No matter how trivial it is to you it is an egregious violation of our social contract

Besides, a salon owner being forced to shutdown has a lot more at stake than a youth who happens to share a similar skin tone to a victim of police brutality

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017
The longer this goes on the greater the breakdown of law and order will result

we are breeding a sense that laws are arbitrary

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Loss of liberty is loss of liberty

No matter how trivial it is to you it is an egregious violation of our social contract

Besides, a salon owner being forced to shutdown has a lot more at stake than a youth who happens to share a similar skin tone to a victim of police brutality
Except when people of that entire skin tone are repeatedly subjected to discrimination and police brutality throughout their lives.

As a small business, the salon owner received stimulus money to tide them over while things work themselves out.

Trying to equalize the two is like comparing a hangnail to a decapitation.