Patagucci Sale

daave

Gerry Lopez status
Dec 28, 2002
While I haven't heard the best stuff about their wetsuits over the years - their other surf gear is pretty damn good. Have some board shorts and a hooded rash guard. Quality stands out IMO.

MrSteve

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 1, 2015
NJ
Have a 3 year old pair of R2 gloves that get me into 5mil weather and still in great shape.

grg

Phil Edwards status
Mar 11, 2006
Tuna Town/Baja
You really cannot go wrong with their goods and how they stand behind it.

Although wetsuits not so much as They are getting better but there yet. I ordered a couple spring suits to try on and give a go but couldn't pull the trigger and keep them. Too stiff and heavy....

But have several pairs of trunks, jackets, a Fleet of Blackhole Bags, etc.

Easy to stock up with PatagoniaPRO

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I'm 180-185lbs. Solidly a L or XL depending on brand. I ordered a couple patagucci flannels in L and they look like they are meant for someone like 100 lbs. heavier. I looked like a little kid wearing his dad's shirt in them. I got a pair of pants as well and they very were oddly cut, like really tight in the crotch which I wish I could say is a common problem for me.

Don't even get me started on the wetsuits. The 5/4 I got last year was probably the worst suit I've bought in my life and also the most expensive.

My girl gets a discount through her work and she digs some of their stuff but I've had terrible luck so far.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
They have some weird cuts for sure. I can be either S, M, or L depending on the item, so have to make sure which fit it says. Lately, I've just ordered two sizes online, and return one at the local shop in Cardiff. Like Aruka said, a recent pair of walk shorts was short in the crotch, but too long in length (past knee). I always found their boardshorts stiff and too wide for my chicken legs, but the stretch planing ones are super comfortable + stretchy.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I get a bro deal at Patagonia.

Been wearing the hemp work pants for work and they’re great. Double knee, large pockets, durable. Way more pricey than Dickies or Carhartt. The Iron Forge Hemp pants are heavy for Oahu’s humidity but the All Season ones are lighter and the ones I prefer.

The hemp shirts are comfortable too.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Good to know about the All Season ones. Carhartts are hot even here in SoCal. And I'm not gonna wear shorts & work boots on a jobsite... I'd look about 12 yrs old.

Reactions: MathDebater

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I get a bro deal at Patagonia.

Been wearing the hemp work pants for work and they’re great. Double knee, large pockets, durable. Way more pricey than Dickies or Carhartt. The Iron Forge Hemp pants are heavy for Oahu’s humidity but the All Season ones are lighter and the ones I prefer.

The hemp shirts are comfortable too.
Been wearing their workwear (for work) for quite awhile now. My only complaint is inconsistencies in the sizing.

The IFH pants are bigger in the waste that the All Season. I have two pair of each, size 32.

Also the shoulders are a little too narrow for me with the hemp shirts. I still wear them but I could use a bit width in the shoulders. This seems to be a pretty consistent issue for me with their shirts across the board.

Maybe because of there being so many low T soy bois mid length hipsters working for them that don‘‘t have any man in them.

And someone mentioned above about pants being too tight in the crotch Is probably related...

Reactions: urchined

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
I'm curious about their work wear but all the sizing issues have me hesitating.

Anyone compare the hemp pants to the Duluth stuff? I'm super happy with their firehose pants. Soft and supple compared to carhartt stuff. Kind of a baggy fit even in their "slim" cut but they are great for moving around. So many pockets. They have their own sizing issues, especially with the tops. Gotta cater to those Minnesotan's who apparently think "salad" should contain whipped cream and jello.

Reactions: MathDebater

ciscojaws

Michael Peterson status
Jul 28, 2008
Kook City, VA
I'm curious about their work wear but all the sizing issues have me hesitating.

Anyone compare the hemp pants to the Duluth stuff? I'm super happy with their firehose pants. Soft and supple compared to carhartt stuff. Kind of a baggy fit even in their "slim" cut but they are great for moving around. So many pockets. They have their own sizing issues, especially with the tops. Gotta cater to those Minnesotan's who apparently think "salad" should contain whipped cream and jello.
Check out Riggs Workwear.

Reactions: Aruka

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Interesting, not work wear, but for boardies and regular shorts plus my ski/mountain gear I've always had consistent sizing from the gooch. I've heard enough to stay away from their wetsuits but my experience with their other products has been top notch, including customer service. I blew out the crotch in my favorite walk shorts after a few years and they replaced them for the cost of shipping when I had only sent them in to get repaired.

SirKooksALot

OTF status
Apr 1, 2020
Stay far away from the Patagucci wetties. Garbage, at least the newer generations (my 1st gen one was heavy but bombproof). Also they don't stand behind them like they do the rest of their gear.

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I had a 2 mill fullsuit from one of their first few runs. It's heavy, it's scratchy, but it lasted through everything I put it through and they fixed the seem that came undone 5-6 years later.

Reactions: Bman76