Central Park Karen has been fired

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I have a golden who is a hell of an swimmer even against the tide, I keep her on leash unless completely alone. She is a super friendly peoples dog but like was said some people don't like dogs so out of respect for them I keep her leashed.

Reactions: Billy Ocean

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
inbred all to helll and owned by pretentious people who treat
other animals like a fashion accessory

who the FKKKKK has a dog living in New York City?!

I know you're lonely, but don't drag the fkn dog in to your shitty life
Some years back we had a husky/retriever mix (great dog - we got her from the pound). She got along with everyone and everything EXCEPT the pair of spaniels who lived down the block. I dunno for sure what it was about them, but if my dog was hanging out with me and one of those dogs got out she would bolt after them and give 'em hell until I caught up with her. She was totally reliable in all other circumstances other than that. I guess even a dog can have a nemesis.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I got a golden when my kids were little with the intent of hunting it. He did great finding birds. Scared to death of loud noises particularly gunfire. Never actually hunted him out of fear he'd run off at the sound of the gun and being the family pet couldn't risk losing him. Would take him out on Sundays and he would find and flush pheasants for me.

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
I have a few friends with spaniels. Both were sweethearts, although one liked me so much she’d sit on my foot and pee. :mad: The same dog apparently went a little crazy and got overly aggressive, I’m told it’s a common switch to turn with these dogs.

on the topic of interesting hunting dogs I know of a guy in Nevada hunting chukar with a Siberian husky, have seen German shepherds make tremendous duck and bird dogs and many don’t even realize the lovable golden retriever make a killer of a bird dog.

Reactions: Ifallalot

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
I have a few friends with spaniels. Both were sweethearts, although one liked me so much she’d sit on my foot and pee. :mad: The same dog apparently went a little crazy and got overly aggressive, I’m told it’s a common switch to turn with these dogs.

on the topic of interesting hunting dogs I know of a guy in Nevada hunting chukar with a Siberian husky, have seen German shepherds make tremendous duck and bird dogs and many don’t even realize the lovable golden retriever make a killer of a bird dog.
Goldens are great flushing dogs. They have a good nose and are easily trained with a bird wing. What is nice about them is they generally stay close where other breeds range farther making you keep up. They also have a slower pace. The yellow lab I had prior could do it but he had too much energy and wouldn't stay close. Does you no good if the dog flushes a bird 30 yards away.

Now everyone is a dog expert.
Sorry you feel left out Mary.

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad

New York City's Commission on Human Rights launched an investigation Wednesday into the incident involving a woman who called police after encountering a black man while walking her dog in Central Park.​
The commission sent a letter to the woman, Amy Cooper, requesting her cooperation.​
"At a time when the devastating impacts of racism in Black communities have been made so painfully clear -- from racial disparities in COVID-19 outcomes, to harassment of essential workers on the front lines -- it is appalling to see these types of ugly threats directed at one New Yorker by another," said Sapna V. Raj, Deputy Commissioner of the Law Enforcement Bureau at the NYC Commission on Human Rights.​
"Efforts to intimidate Black people by threatening to call law enforcement draw on a long, violent and painful history, and they are unacceptable."​
"I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life," she is heard on video saying.​

The one line was where she fkt up. She'd have been fine if she'd been smart enough to say

"I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life," she is heard on video saying.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
Goldens are great flushing dogs. They have a good nose and are easily trained with a bird wing. What is nice about them is they generally stay close where other breeds range farther making you keep up. They also have a slower pace. The yellow lab I had prior could do it but he had too much energy and wouldn't stay close. Does you no good if the dog flushes a bird 30 yards away.

Sorry you feel left out Mary.

LOLZ at anyone who thinks a Golden Retriever is gonna be a good hunting dog. That's some amateur hour sh!t right there.

• Dislike

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
It’s not Hal. They make great hunting and family dogs. Upland and waterfowl.

I’m pretty set on a wire hair retriever for a waterfowl and upland dog when my schedule normals out.

1590607779325.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love

2surf

Duke status
Apr 12, 2004
California USA
www.allcare.com

You never know what sets off a dog. My timid ass Bich-on will charge like a pit bull at any and all size dogs but take her leash off and she cowers like the pussy dog she is.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
cancel culture is having a field day with this gal:

"Michael Fischer, president of the Central Park Civic Association, called Amy Cooper’s actions in the widely shared video “a disgusting display of intolerance” that should “never, ever be accepted in the City’s public domain like Central Park.”

“The Central Park Civic Association condemns this behavior and is calling on Mayor [Bill] de Blasio to impose a lifetime ban on this lady for her deliberate, racial misleading of law enforcement and violating behavioral guidelines set so that all can enjoy our city’s most famous park,” Fischer said.

agree she panicked and f'd up. So far:

- Roasted on tv and social media
- Fired, probably for cause (?) in the midst of a pandemic
- Investigated by some human rights commission

this mob mentality stuff is creepy

Billy Ocean

Duke status
Jan 7, 2017

I had to seriously talk my sister out of getting a dog in Brooklyn

chicks go crazy with the nurturing instinct and can’t think logically when it kicks in

Reactions: afoaf

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
cancel culture is having a field day with this gal:

"Michael Fischer, president of the Central Park Civic Association, called Amy Cooper’s actions in the widely shared video “a disgusting display of intolerance” that should “never, ever be accepted in the City’s public domain like Central Park.”

“The Central Park Civic Association condemns this behavior and is calling on Mayor [Bill] de Blasio to impose a lifetime ban on this lady for her deliberate, racial misleading of law enforcement and violating behavioral guidelines set so that all can enjoy our city’s most famous park,” Fischer said.

agree she panicked and f'd up. So far:

- Roasted on tv and social media
- Fired, probably for cause (?) in the midst of a pandemic
- Investigated by some human rights commission

this mob mentality stuff is creepy
Hard to feel a bit of sympathy, she could have really hurt the guy with her false accusations.