Gliders....

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
How do you guys feel about keel vs single fin setups? I was told the keel setups are easier?
i've only ridden the single-fin ... i'm riding an Eagle and i understand the ticket is to ride two trailers and no single fin, i want to try this

unless that was a joke in which case, use the biggest most expensive D fin you can find and it'll "smooth out your style"

I'm very tempted.

The problem is a number of people I know that started playing around with big gliders never came back. It's all they ride. . :eek:
i won't admit to the number of head high days i've taken mine out

Reactions: bluemarlin04

xmesa

Nep status
Jul 25, 2014
I reckon that there should be a rule about leash plugs in these bad boys.

ie: don't do it.
i'm kind of torn on this... i agree - don't do it.

but then again on really rare occasion, I've ridden through some scary-packed line-ups of people paddling the wrong way for cover and i've been really scared about losing the board to avoid Kook 1 and the loose vessel killing someone on the inside.

(so i don't ride in crowds because i'm not Tudor...)

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
i'm kind of torn on this... i agree - don't do it.

but then again on really rare occasion, I've ridden through some scary-packed line-ups of people paddling the wrong way for cover and i've been really scared about losing the board to avoid Kook 1 and the loose vessel killing someone on the inside.

(so i don't ride in crowds because i'm not Tudor...)

If you can't pilot the plane, get out of the cockpit. Or fly alone. Or some such metaphor

Reactions: MathDebater

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
The glider hooked me into longer and longer boards.

I couldn’t stop and ended up surfing it even in sizeable surf.

Def wore a leash though. Don’t want my expensive board flying into the rocks

Reactions: Bullnutts