XTR

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Wow, that's an impressive lack of board buying self-control! I'm humbled.
In February I sold 3 boards to buy either a Stretch or XTR. Stocked the sale popped up!

I'd bet their turn around times will be faster now, just looked in the queue and they don't have a lot of boards that aren't done yet.

Reactions: Lohena

donger

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 17, 2012
OC
my cybersim was four weeks with a regular order, no rush, picked it up couple of weeks ago

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I'm sure Javier would do his JHP boards entirely there. Not sure if other shapers have to "finish" their blanks or not, but that would add the build time

Reactions: jkb

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Has anyone else had quality control issues with XTR? I assume I'm an outlier since I haven't seen anything here.

I had the leash plug rip out on my first surf on an Hydroshort. Decided to give it another try since they offer Tomo models you can't easily find. Got a Revo, and the side fins don't have the same cant (the distance from the top of the fin box to the Tomo channel down the middle, is different. Figured it was an optical illusion for a while until I measured).

Maybe just bad luck since so many of the reviews here are positive. Maybe the Tomo boards are just more likely to have problems given the deep channels, everything else being equal.

Reactions: Aardwolf

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
QC there is generally good but things happen in production. I would let them know.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Has anyone else had quality control issues with XTR? I assume I'm an outlier since I haven't seen anything here.

I had the leash plug rip out on my first surf on an Hydroshort. Decided to give it another try since they offer Tomo models you can't easily find. Got a Revo, and the side fins don't have the same cant (the distance from the top of the fin box to the Tomo channel down the middle, is different. Figured it was an optical illusion for a while until I measured).

Maybe just bad luck since so many of the reviews here are positive. Maybe the Tomo boards are just more likely to have problems given the deep channels, everything else being equal.
I've had 1 out of 6 boards come out weird. It was insanely light. Too light for me and lighter than any other XTR I got (all same construction). It's a production shop so I'm sure sh!t happens. I'd definitely email them.

I also had two logo placements wrong (where I specifically asked for a certain placement to avoid the default placement and they did default placement), but that's just vanity - boards worked great.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010

Had V3 Rocket come with rails edge not equally sanded and one side had an edge all the way to nose. I tried sanding, never really clicked,may have been just mental. Bummer. Loved previous XTR, but have been off them since

• Sad
Reactions: Aruka

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
5'8 x 19 1/2" x 2 3/8"
31 liters
Concave deck

Paddled it out the other day and 20min later the wind turned to the only wind I won't tolerate: 20mph out of the west. Which makes you feel like you're surfing switch. On the three waves I caught before the wind it felt pretty good, but not enough for a review. More waves coming, hopefully it stays legal to surf.

Attachments