Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks pretty difficult to surf?

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
Fine. I'll do it.

You bros drive a hard bargain.

I accept the challenge to be ***the official erBB board reviewer.***

You can set up a GoFundMe and buy me all the boards you would like reviewed (as well as a soloshot, wax, traction pad, fins, wetsuits, gas, and my morning half-caf soy vanilla latte).

I give zero fvcks about catering to any shapers delicate sensibilities. In fact, I look forward to hurting their feeling.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
That board looks like it feels fun going down the line and carving but like most "fishy" boards (don't confuse fish for twin fin), they leave you wanting when you try to get into the lip.

In regard to the big Aussie beefer that reviews boards: It's glaringly obvious that he rides boards that are too small for him. That, combined with some of his horrid mechanics (don't know which came first, the equipment limitations or the poor fundamentals), makes his surfing pretty unwatchable at times. Granted, I'm not an elite surfer (spare me the "you must rip then..post a video.." nonsense), but he's got some real issues in his approach that have NOTHING to do with fins, bottom contours, or outlines.

• Haha
Reactions: rts265

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
That board looks like it feels fun going down the line and carving but like most "fishy" boards (don't confuse fish for twin fin), they leave you wanting when you try to get into the lip.

In regard to the big Aussie beefer that reviews boards: It's glaringly obvious that he rides boards that are too small for him. That, combined with some of his horrid mechanics (don't know which came first, the equipment limitations or the poor fundamentals), makes his surfing pretty unwatchable at times. Granted, I'm not an elite surfer (spare me the "you must rip then..post a video.." nonsense), but he's got some real issues in his approach that have NOTHING to do with fins, bottom contours, or outlines.

I've heard people claim he surfs well.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
I've heard people claim he surfs well.
Nah, I think what people have posted is he surfs surprisingly well... for a portly guy with a gut trying to ride too small boards. It's all relative. He's the guy you expect to see at your local on a 7-9 footer, not performance shortboards.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
The waves he generally shows, are not quality conditions either ... so chubbo + smol performance bort + average conditions = surf surprisingly well.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Nah, I think what people have posted is he surfs surprisingly well... for a portly guy with a gut trying to ride too small boards. It's all relative. He's the guy you expect to see at your local on a 7-9 footer, not performance shortboards.
Exactly.

It's funny, everyone rips like they're on the QS here and are somehow surrounded by people that surf at the same level.

Last edited: