Cobra Killer

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Not sure about that, appreciative of GG comment tho. It seems puzzling that Matt would add, design with SOC, and wholeheartedly back a design with those off sounding performance characteristic attributes to his line. I think GG is off concaves mostly anyways but the description he provided makes sense...I think, maybe.
Matt has more than admired Pauls work for a long time as a glasser ;-) - The Lucky Bastards - now a complete board builder - Son of Cobra

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You think fins are parralell to the template and ridge of the concave ?
the flow of water through the concaves splits the angle between the toe of the side fins and straight center fin with a slight bias toward the toe angle.

water will flow through the concaves from forward to aft at an angle from in to out.

water is not getting squeezed toward that distinct spine in the center.

tail rocker plays a role.

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
the flow of water through the concaves splits the angle between the toe of the side fins and straight center fin with a slight bias toward the toe angle.

water will flow through the concaves from forward to aft at an angle from in to out.

water is not getting squeezed toward that distinct spine in the center.

tail rocker plays a role.
Concave ridge follows the the template inward

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Concave ridge follows the the template inward
You are not seeing the fall off of the tail rocker. You are only looking at the concave in a vacuum.

The lowest point on the board in the picture is point of the swallow tail. That’s where the water go to from center...

Did you look at the Cole video? It couldn’t be more obvious.

No wonder you don‘t do concaves.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Why do so many people seem to forget (or simply don’t understand) that we don’t ride surfboards flat against a flat surface of water in a straight line.

When we go “straight” down the line water flows under us at an angle (and mainly only one side of the board is being used) on a surface that is on an incline.

Water makes contact with and flows across the bottom of a board parallel to the stringer pretty much never.

Reactions: oeste858 and Havoc

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
You are not seeing the fall off of the tail rocker. You are only looking at the concave in a vacuum.

The lowest point on the board in the picture is point of the swallow tail. That’s where the water go to from center...

Did you look at the Cole video? It couldn’t be more obvious.

No wonder you don‘t do concaves.
I'm friends with Maurice
For some reason you can't understand High School Physics

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I'm friends with Maurice
For some reason you can't understand High School Physics
That’s cool that you know him. I know we Matt Moore, Al Merrick and some Yater dude. totally irrelevant to this conversation.

Did you watch the video where he clearly shows how water flows through the concave or is just knowing Maurice alone enough to make you think you’re right ?

No wonder you don’t do concaves.

And what is it about physics in this discussion have I gotten wrong?

Are you going to respond with specific points directly related to what I’m showing you or are you going to go cryptic, name drop and post a pic of some board you saw in 1945?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Deep concaves turn inward with the template and most channels dont .

Same as toeing your fins outward with the trailing edge toed inward .

Imagine what that does .
I'm going to jump in on his one. Bonzers have deep concave. They do not turn inward at the tail and follow the rail line. The deepest point of the concave is slightly toed in like the fins. That's what I see going on in the picture.