So which one of you was the troll that slater called out?

Waterlogged05

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2005
Personally I find her surfing to be ugly. The strange rigid arm movements. The mechanical look. The lack of flow. Yuck. That she's #2 is another example of how the best contest surfers are not necessarily the best surfers.
Her surfing from the waist down is great, but very rigid arms. I see this problem so many times in skating too.
Someone can rip but flail their arms and looks weird.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Her surfing from the waist down is great, but very rigid arms. I see this problem so many times in skating too.
Someone can rip but flail their arms and looks weird.
Her surfing does absolutely nothing for me. There are other female surfers whose style and approach to wave riding I greatly admire. Not hers......even though as an East Coaster I'm probably supposed to root for her. Her style is just plain ugly and so mechanical looking that its distracting.

Reactions: noise

brukuns

Kelly Slater status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Her surfing does absolutely nothing for me. There are other female surfers whose style and approach to wave riding I greatly admire. Not hers......even though as an East Coaster I'm probably supposed to root for her. Her style is just plain ugly and so mechanical looking that its distracting.
You gotta admit she can throw buckets on her backside. I think it's very impressive for how young she is.

Can't wait to see what will become of Sierra Kerr.

Reactions: Waterlogged05

SrPato

Miki Dora status
Jul 12, 2005
San Buena Ventura
Caroline Marks will surf circles around all of you (and me), guaranteed, but it's super fun to watch you all think otherwise. :LOL:
This is true. Over the years I've watched Kim Mearig, Mary Osborne, Lakey Peterson, and Sage Erickson school the locals time and again. You don't have to be male or female to possess talent. If you have it, it will show. gpsCVr6.gif

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Might also change the thread title to "Which one of you was the troll who had Slater hopped up like a school of starving Roosterfish on a popper, all kinds of taking the bait?"

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Caroline Marks will surf circles around all of you (and me), guaranteed, but it's super fun to watch you all think otherwise. :LOL:
Who here has said they can surf better than her?

Speaking for myself, I haven’t even said anything negative at all about her surfing.

What I’m doing is calling out the writer of the article who says that there are only “150 men in the world who can surf better than her (100 if it’s point break surf)”.

That’s absurd.

There are 100 guys in ventura that surf point break waves better than her.

rice

Duke status
Jul 2, 2002
CA
Who here has said they can surf better than her?

Speaking for myself, I haven’t even said anything negative at all about her surfing.

What I’m doing is calling out the writer of the article who says that there are only “150 men in the world who can surf better than her (100 if it’s point break surf)”.

That’s absurd.

There are 100 guys in ventura that surf point break waves better than her.
You said, "Theres 100 guys in the water at rincon on any given swell that surf better than her. "

The Stab guy might be exaggerating, but so are you.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
You said, "Theres 100 guys in the water at rincon on any given swell that surf better than her. "

The Stab guy might be exaggerating, but so are you.
Yes I was. Admittedly so.

The Stab guy apologized for “sounding misogynistic” by saying what he said.

So ok. There would be at least 15 guys out at Rincon on any good swell who are unsponsored and nobody has ever heard of that surf better than her.

Does anyone really believe she’s a top 100 surfer in the world?

She rips. She rips. She rips.

But let’s not get carried away.

Reactions: surfysurfy1476

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I think she'd be hard pressed to make the semis in a U16 Boys Prime event.
‘Taking heat strategy and style out of it and just base it on surfing alone she‘d do very well against U16 boys.

If she got good waves she could win.

Last edited: