That Crazy Surfer Girl JAH is Back on FB

bluemarlin04

Michael Peterson status
Aug 13, 2015
I've slept in the parking lot at bowls years back when I worked the beach for Clyde Aikau with Dennis Sombrano. That parking lot since hurricane Iwa has always been a magnet for weed and such. Rios, Buttons, Liddel, Ben, The Papakolea boys, and more were in the Bowls parking lot. That fugging LEFT, has drawn people to it for decades, since "garbage hole days" and before Magic Island was built. Kaiser's, Old Mans left, Rock Pile and Ala Moana .... just sucks folks into the line up ~ and gives em all a place to park ~
I remember when Uncle Kirk was killed in the middle of the night there back in 2004. Such a sad and messed up situation.

Dude was the man to us groms growing up on the east side and was super nice to all of us.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Mentally ill people need to be institutionalized.

Reagan ended that.
‘And you‘d think in the 40 years since someone could have come along and changed it.

But no. It’s much easier to blame Reagan.

Is this one of those laws that for some reason cannot ever be changed ever? Reagan cut taxes too. What happened to those old top marginal rates?

Come on dude. Time to find a new boogeyman.

Beerbelly

Michael Peterson status
May 14, 2010
‘And you‘d think in the 40 years since someone could have come along and changed it.

Is this one of those laws that for some reason cannot ever be changed ever? Reagan cut taxes too. What happened to those old top marginal rates?

Hey, how about at least a golf clap to the Santa Cruz city council for taking them all in.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
This particular subject demonstrates just how many really shitty human beings post in this forum.
yep, it’s easier to talk sh*t and laugh at someone we don’t really know from the anonymity of the inter web.

I don’t really know Jill but I’ve had to deal with her presence in the line-up and in the parking lot. Luckily her violent outbursts haven’t been directed at me but I’ve witnessed them. In fact she used say hi and if she’s chilling on the inside she’ll say nice wave. But I’ve also seen chill to rage in nothing flat.

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii

All I said was he ended it.

To save money.

I'm talking about when he was Governor of California specifically. Which is too liberal a state to ever bring back forced institutionalism. Maybe they will when the state population hits 50M? 80M?

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
just found out this morning that an old childhood friend/hero offed himself by intentional OD. Hysterical right? Yeah I've been fucking laughing my ass off all morning. This alcoholic/addict/mental illness thing is quite a ride. Buckle up kids!!! 44 years old. He was 4 years older than me, and back when we were kids. he was good pals with my sister too (same age) (and i think they kept in touch, at least Facebook-wise) and he as one of the "older guys" that was WAY cooler to me and my other young surf/skate rat buddies. Kind of a tough guy, but usually smiling. Came from a pretty tough blue collar fishing/landscaping/drinking type family...Knew he battled the bottle over the years (it's starting to occur to me that i may very well have more friends WITH substance/addictive/mental health issues than friends without them) but i guess, as info starts to slowly make its way out into the ether to me and my sister, that he had just gotten divorced from a woman to which he had been briefly married. She (my sister, not the ex) happened to notice on his facebook feed recently that he had deleted every single photo of him with his ex in the last few weeks, and then he was found dead this morning.

the janitor

Tom Curren status
Mar 28, 2003
north of the bridge
All I said was he ended it.

To save money.

I'm talking about when he was Governor of California specifically. Which is too liberal a state to ever bring back forced institutionalism. Maybe they will when the state population hits 50M? 80M?
your timing is impecable, our fearless leader dropped a few bombs on this subject in his State of the State address this week, it ought to be a spectacular shitshow in the assembly and the courts:

"Of course, the effectiveness of all of this hinges on an individual being capable of accepting help, to get off the streets and into treatment in the first place.

Some, tragically, are not.

That’s why we need better legal tools, ones that allow local governments, health providers, and law enforcement to more effectively help people access the treatment they need.

California’s behavioral health laws may have been ahead of their time, but today, call out for reform.

We must tailor these policies to reflect the realities of street homelessness today, which are so different than they were 50 or even 15 years ago when these laws were enacted.

And while we made progress on limited and general conservatorships last year, further improvements are warranted.

All within the bounds of deep respect for civil liberties and personal freedoms—but with an equal emphasis on helping people into the life-saving treatment that they need at the precise moment they need it.

Clearly, it’s time to respond to the concerns of experts who argue that thresholds for conservatorships are too high and should be revisited."

https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/02/19/governor-newsom-delivers-state-of-the-state-address-on-homelessness/

Reactions: racer1

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
just found out this morning that an old childhood friend/hero offed himself by intentional OD. Hysterical right? Yeah I've been fucking laughing my ass off all morning. This alcoholic/addict/mental illness thing is quite a ride. Buckle up kids!!! 44 years old. He was 4 years older than me, and back when we were kids. he was good pals with my sister too (same age) (and i think they kept in touch, at least Facebook-wise) and he as one of the "older guys" that was WAY cooler to me and my other young surf/skate rat buddies. Kind of a tough guy, but usually smiling. Came from a pretty tough blue collar fishing/landscaping/drinking type family...Knew he battled the bottle over the years (it's starting to occur to me that i may very well have more friends WITH substance/addictive/mental health issues than friends without them) but i guess, as info starts to slowly make its way out into the ether to me and my sister, that he had just gotten divorced from a woman to which he had been briefly married. She (my sister, not the ex) happened to notice on his facebook feed recently that he had deleted every single photo of him with his ex in the last few weeks, and then he was found dead this morning.
RIP, been there it sucks!

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Mentally ill people need to be institutionalized.

Reagan ended that.
I never really liked Reagan but he's getting the bum rap on this one.

The ACLU lobbied hard for big changes for the crazies in CA, so Reagan signed the Lanterman-Perris act in '67, ending all non-criminal commitments. His hand was forced on the isssue.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
that is patently false and you know it. But i also know who you are so i can take a joke :)

Reactions: john4surf