George Zimmerman sues Pete Buttigieg, Elizabeth Warren for $265 million

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Then how did GZ end up with a busted up face? Pretty easy to make a self defense claim with that, and it’s more than enough reasonable doubt for an acquittal.
He had a busted face because he was a Adderall junkie chomo stalking another kid and this one retaliated after being accosted.

Trayvon Martin wins that fight - he gets a key to the city for taking Zimmerman out of the population.

Guarantee if Zimmerman doesn't have a gun, he wouldn't have acted like a stalking little bitch. But then again, isn't that the reason people like Zimmerman need to be packing heat in the first place: For the sake of security to be a confrontational asshole. Just like the guy who killed Joe McKnight. And like the Handicap Space Avenger who now realizes that he's the n*gger in prison after taking a padlock in a sock to the face. Just that latter news alone made me want to watch that Sean Penn movie Bad Boys again.

We can save the discussion of whether guns make the criminal or the criminal makes the gun for another thread. Serious Venning there though.

Bottom line: Sea level rise isn't happening fast enough for Florida.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
He had a busted face because he was a Adderall junkie chomo stalking another kid and this one retaliated after being accosted.

Trayvon Martin wins that fight - he gets a key to the city for taking Zimmerman out of the population.

Guarantee if Zimmerman doesn't have a gun, he wouldn't have acted like a stalking little bitch. But then again, isn't that the reason people like Zimmerman need to be packing heat in the first place: For the sake of security to be a confrontational asshole. Just like the guy who killed Joe McKnight. And like the Handicap Space Avenger who now realizes that he's the n*gger in prison after taking a padlock in a sock to the face. Just that latter news alone made me want to watch that Sean Penn movie Bad Boys again.

We can save the discussion of whether guns make the criminal or the criminal makes the gun for another thread. Serious Venning there though.

Bottom line: Sea level rise isn't happening fast enough for Florida.
I agree 100%. Although it comes down to is whether he broke the law or not. If Trayvon really did beat his ass, then you can make a self defense claim.

All you have to do is show reasonable doubt. This is generally a good thing, because we are all better off with a legal system where the burden of proof is on the state. Doesn’t mean we always get it right though.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Then how did GZ end up with a busted up face? Pretty easy to make a self defense claim with that, and it’s more than enough reasonable doubt for an acquittal.

Why didn't the unarmed kid who wasn't trespassing have a right to defend himself from the fat guy pursuing him with a loaded firearm? Is self-defense the exclusive right of those who are carrying firearms?

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
squidley said:
You just strongly implied it.
GDaddy said:
Not my intention, actually.

I don't assume that just because you post an article automatically means that you agree with it. I sometimes post articles I don't necessarily agree with. But whether you do or don't agree with the merits of these actions makes no difference WRT my commentary on Zimmerman. He is no model citizen so even if he's 100% justified it's still a case of asshole-on-asshole as far as I'm concerned.

I actively defended the doesn't-appear-guilty-of-murder allegation from the start, based on the facts of which we were aware. Those fact patterns held up through the trial so I wasn't surprised when he was eventually judged not guilty. That doesn't make me an apologist or a supporter of how he lives his life from that point forward.

Wrong. I freely agree with Zimmerman on the issue of these two yahoos accusing Zimmerman of a crime he has been acquitted of. My title article made no claims about Zimmerman's guilt or innocence to agree or disagree with the Martin verdict. I did neither, and you did't accuse me of agreeing or disagreeing with the Martin verdict. So what?

Your implication that posting the article represented "cheerleading" for Zimmerman, and that I shouldn't because ha's a scumbag. In the issue of these idiots accusing Zimmerman of racial murder Zimmerman is correct. That's what I said.

Last edited:

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Why didn't the unarmed kid who wasn't trespassing have a right to defend himself from the fat guy pursuing him with a loaded firearm? Is self-defense the exclusive right of those who are carrying firearms?
lolz. So you think you have the right to turn around and start throwing blows on someone for following you? Good luck with that in front of a judge. Probably the dumbest thing you can decide to do, especially with someone who is armed. Better off running if you feel that threatened, unless you are backed into a corner.

Again, it’s not about what scenarios could exist, it’s about what you can prove. I don’t disagree that there are potential scenarios where GZ was guilty, and that may have been what happened. Unfortunately he is the only witness, and the other is dead.

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009

We went over this this a thousand times. "Pursuing" implies trying to catch up with someone. There was no evidence that Zimmerman was trying to catch up with Martin. And there was cell phone evidence that Zimmerman was trying to keep up and follow a running Martin. Conversely, after hiding, Martin "pursued" Zimmerman, and proceeded to try and beat Zimmerman's brains in.

The jury heard all of that evidence. Unanimously they agreed with me, and disagreed with you. How does it feel to be that wrong?

Reactions: GromsDad

GDaddy

Duke status
Jan 17, 2006
Carlsbad
Your implication that posting the article represented "cheerleading" for Zimmerman, and that I shouldn't because ha's a scumbag. In the issue of these idiots accusing Zimmerman of racial murder Zimmerman is correct. That's what I said.
Again, I didn't assume you posting the article amounted to vouching for Zimmerman's character or conduct. But a simple glance at the coverage demonstrates that at least *some* people are letting themselves get too attached to his cause.

I sometimes post references I don't necessarily agree with. Several people here do.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
We went over this this a thousand times. "Pursuing" implies trying to catch up with someone. There was no evidence that Zimmerman was trying to catch up with Martin. And there was cell phone evidence that Zimmerman was trying to keep up and follow a running Martin. Conversely, after hiding, Martin "pursued" Zimmerman, and proceeded to try and beat Zimmerman's brains in.

The jury heard all of that evidence. Unanimously they agreed with me, and disagreed with you. How does it feel to be that wrong?

The jury heard Zimmerman's side of the story. Trayvon Martin never got a day in court.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
The jury heard Zimmerman's side of the story. Trayvon Martin never got a day in court.
Do you understand the concept of “beyond a reasonable doubt”?

The hypothetical testimony of a witness is never taken into consideration.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
Going back to the original post, It sounds like Zim has a good legal case.
He'll probably end up settling for 5 bumps and a free round of mini golf.

Maybe he can make enough money with his Happy Gilmore reenactment video to get that Adderall prescription filled, which is really what this is all about.

Last edited:

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
Which he (Avenatti) wasn't when he was making the rounds on TV and publicly mulling his prospects for running for President.

The point I'm making is that anyone who is cheerleading Z-Man because he's inserting himself into the news by trying to sue these politicians will be hating it the next time he gets into another fight or gets arrested for beating his girlfriend. This guy in no hero.
Ifall, like,Chuck Norris, never shows regret

Reactions: $kully