How much does a pardon cost these days?

Surfdog

Duke status
Apr 22, 2001
South coast OR
Ya, MSM was pretty silent on all but maybe a couple of Obama's pardons at the very end days of his term.

But does that surprise anyone here?

Everyday is Trump day, now. Their attention to every single thing he does, bad and the rarely reported good, just makes him stronger. They think it's feeding their base, but most see thru the feeble attempts of narrow framed portrayal.

If only they did this to their own? Never gonna happen.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Does your post mean that presidents are not allowed to commute someone's sentence if the person contributed to the president politically?

Blagojevich served 8 years of a 14 year sentence for trying to sell Obama's old senate seat. Blagojevich was a democrat, and what he did is common practice in the Democrap party. A presidential pardon would say that a president believed the recipient to be innocent.Trump did not pardon Blagojevich. He commuted Blagojevich's sentence. That says Trump thought Blagojevich's sentence was too harsh for his crime. I agree with Trump.

Blagojevich's crime lies in running afoul of Obama and his goose-stepping Justice Department goons.

Didn't Trump send his "lawyer" halfway around the world to dig into alleged Biden corruption? And now he's commuting sentences for people who actually faced justice for charges of corruption? Please explain how that adds up.

Also...

Mike_Jones

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2009
Didn't Trump send his "lawyer" halfway around the world to dig into alleged Biden corruption? And now he's commuting sentences for people who actually faced justice for charges of corruption? Please explain how that adds up.

Also...

Do you understand what "commuting sentences" means? It means the sentenced person is still convicted. I'm having a lot of trouble seeing how trying to get a law breaker convicted equates with thinking that a convicted person's sentence was too harsh.

I see that John Durham's probe is having an effect already.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Do you understand what "commuting sentences" means? It means the sentenced person is still convicted. I'm having a lot of trouble seeing how trying to get a law breaker convicted equates with thinking that a convicted person's sentence was too harsh.
The message Trump is sending is that corruption is not a serious offense unless it's his political opponent. Then it's serious enough to send his sniveling sweet and delicious bag of sugar of a lawyer around the world to dig up some corruption.

Reactions: mundus