Boy Scouts . . . DONE!

Bearnie Slanders

OTF status
Jul 14, 2017
The Boy Scouts of America (BSA) filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection early Tuesday after decades of sexual abuse claims within one of the country's largest youth organizations.

The petition, filed in Delaware bankruptcy court, halts the hundreds of lawsuits the BSA is facing that allege sexual misconduct by people within the 110-year-old organization over the years.

Sexual abuse settlements had reportedly strained the Boy Scouts' finances, with states passing laws last year so victims from long-ago abuse can sue for damages.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
On the bright side, it'll be an easy career transition from Scoutmaster to Catholic priest, especially given their list of references.

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Meh, they don't need to worry, They are the next one's to get a free pass from Cheeto.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
I was in the scouts. Our troop was super laid back and we stayed away from the religious aspect of scouting that was so prevalent in other troops.

Whenever we did multi-troop camp outs at “Ranch Alegre” we all knew which adult leaders to stay away from....

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I was in the scouts. Our troop was super laid back and we stayed away from the religious aspect of scouting that was so prevalent in other troops.

Whenever we did multi-troop camp outs at “Ranch Alegre” we all knew which adult leaders to stay away from....
this x 1000

scouts was pretty cool....they were chill on the jesus stuff around here in
coastal elitesville. there were wonky parents and (with) shitty kids, but you
get that in team sports too

at the end of the day the boys were like fk this, we go on more adventures
on our own as a family than we were with the scouts...there's only so much
rocket camp and USS Midway you can do

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
this x 1000

scouts was pretty cool....they were chill on the jesus stuff around here in
coastal elitesville. there were wonky parents and (with) shitty kids, but you
get that in team sports too

at the end of the day the boys were like fk this, we go on more adventures
on our own as a family than we were with the scouts...there's only so much
rocket camp and USS Midway you can do
We did overnight backpacking trips once a month and two longer trips (2-3 weeks) in summer (sierras) and winter (various).

My family would have never taken 12 boys into the mountains for 2 weeks and let them (essentially) lose.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
yeah. I'm on this program as well.

I get it though...some parents are single and/or don't have the time
or the means to get their kid out for a camping trip or to the local
museums and such...scouts is a good crutch for them.

I just don't like dealing with people I don't like in cramped quarters
for extended periods of time.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I grew up like you guys. Why go play in the wood with the scouts when I could go live out Meat Eater with my dad?

Reactions: Havoc

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I really feel for the parents out there, where do you send the kids, it seems like church, school. sports are all full of Pedos.

Reactions: Ifallalot

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I really feel for the parents out there, where do you send the kids, it seems like church, school. sports are all full of Pedos.
You don't send them, you participate in their lives

And honestly even with all of these cases in the media, the odds of it happening are slim when you actually look at the statistics

Reactions: Kento and mundus