What Boards You Got On Order?

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
20200216_074034.jpg20200216_074057.jpg20200216_074109.jpg
Sold my van to local shaper and included a custom in the deal.
7'6" x 22&1/2" x 3" with a double concave bottom and secret sauce rails.
The nose is fuller than I was expecting but now it's got that mini mal stealthiness about it because it is the loosest midlength I've ever ridden and I've owned plenty of them from the big names. Lots of fin options with the quad and single box.
Design brief is to have the paddle power to compete with the local longboarders when they start doing the rotation/conveyor belt wave selection thing.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
What size? I have a 5'8" Varial tri fin that's been my #1 since last July.
5'8 stock. Took it out in mushy waves this weekend and it paddles super easy. Foil is thicker than I thought it'd be for the dims (which is good for me since I'm 180+). Running the Large Reactors but considering picking up an AM set in FCS2 for it. I have 2 sets of AM larges already, but they're Futures. What fins you like in it?

Reactions: Aruka

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
5'8 stock. Took it out in mushy waves this weekend and it paddles super easy. Foil is thicker than I thought it'd be for the dims (which is good for me since I'm 180+). Running the Large Reactors but considering picking up an AM set in FCS2 for it. I have 2 sets of AM larges already, but they're Futures. What fins you like in it?
I'm 175, but based on a recommendation from here I put MF larges in with a KA medium center and that's been my favorite combination. Could be confirmation bias, but I tried FT Larges, AM Aircore larges and Reactor Larges (my least favorite) and the mixed set felt like the best mix of drive and release.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I'm 175, but based on a recommendation from here I put MF larges in with a KA medium center and that's been my favorite combination. Could be confirmation bias, but I tried FT Larges, AM Aircore larges and Reactor Larges (my least favorite) and the mixed set felt like the best mix of drive and release.
nice, yeah with that abrupt angular tail i figure it's pivoty enough and I'm definitely interested in trying a more raked set in it. thx for the info

Reactions: ChaseTMP

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I have a Blindspot and a Kai-zen twin on order.

If I didn't hate having too many boards so much, I'm thinking a CI Ultra Joe, Rocket Wide, Sampler, Happy would make a 365 surfable days quiver in CA.
+1. I've had a Rocket Wide, Happy step up, OG Flyer, and now a NB2 off the rack and they've all worked for me out the gate without too much guesswork. CI makes good boards. Just gotta pick the ones that are glassed well.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Kerry Tokoro called me yesterday to say he got my order from HIC for the 6’4. We went over the details to make sure what I texted Stephen was correct on the order form. I told Kerry I’ve been riding the twin fin he made me and have been having a blast on it. I gave him some feedback he asked if the board had speed and if it felt slidey. I told him the only thing was we glassed it really light and I can feel it in these windy conditions we’ve been having but the wind events we’ve been experiencing isn’t normal.

Kerry said he should have it shaped in a day. I told him HIC owes me two more boards. He said let him know what I want.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
had a handful of sessions on the NB2 now and can confirm I need some rakier fins.

Reactions: Havoc and ChaseTMP