DefrostedPooper—DONE

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Like I said, he went too far.

You were still pretty hard on him at times. Telling someone they suck constantly won't ever bring out the best reactions.
It wasn’t constant and yes it was harsh. I just don’t want people here to be taking advice on which boards/fins do what better from someone without the skills to know.

I‘d never come on here and talk about how good a particular board is for doing airs or which fin setup is best for surfing 60 foot Jaws.

I don’t do airs or surf Jaws.

Also, he sh!t talked about George Greenough and I couldn’t let that slide.

He’s said that certain shapers (by name) are “shady” “bad people” etc. without any specifics.

There’s levels.

Last edited:

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
It wasn’t constant and yes it was harsh. I just don’t want people here to be taking advice on which boards/fins do what better from someone without the skills to know.

I‘d never come on here and talk about how good a particular board is for doing airs or which fin setup is best for surfing 60 foot Jaws.

I don’t do those things.

He’s said that certain shapers (by name) are “shady” “bad people” etc. without any specifics.

There’s levels.
I agree, but I think you pushed the issue too hard.

He then crossed a line that he shouldn't have.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

He talked sh!t about Greenough? And called specific shapers out as shady/bad people? I mostly stopped reading him after a few posts. He so clearly had no idea of what he was talking about that I deemed him a total waste of time re anything surf related.

Without Greenough it's possible we'd have all been riding D fin logs a LOT longer. He was arguably the impetus behind the shortboard revolution. https://surfingwalkoffame.com/george-greenough/

Being ignorant is one thing.

Being loud and ignorant in public is another.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
He talked sh!t about Greenough? And called specific shapers out as shady/bad people? I mostly stopped reading him after a few posts. He so clearly had no idea of what he was talking about that I deemed him a total waste of time re anything surf related.

Without Greenough it's possible we'd have all been riding D fin logs a LOT longer. He was arguably the impetus behind the shortboard revolution. https://surfingwalkoffame.com/george-greenough/

Being ignorant is one thing.

Being loud and ignorant in public is another.
Said Greenough ripped off designs from tomo sr.

Said some pretty bad things about the Vulcan surfboard dude. Maybe that dude is a bad player but he’s not here to defend himself so...

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
Defrosted crossed the line regularly and made outrageous accusations about other people and in general that he had no basis to make all to tow his Tomo storyline. As they say, if you are going to dish it out you better take it. He knew exactly what he was doing posting all that nonsense about Tomo is a legend bs and everyone else is a ripoff.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Said Greenough ripped off designs from tomo sr.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's a panic. You know someone fed that BS to him. Greenough is like 80. Most of his design work was pretty firmly established by 1968, 1969. How old was Tomo's dad in '69? 11, 12, 13? Less? He was probably still working on his first boner at that point. Unless... did Greenough start marketing one of his mats as the Woman Wrestler or something?

EDIT: I just looked it up. According to what I found in 1969 he was about 4 years old. So he was probably barely potty trained at that point.

:bricks:

Last edited:

nada2looz

OTF status
Mar 16, 2016
the decline of surfing and really all of western civilization tracks exactly with the decrease in slaps and beatdowns to sh!tbirds like this kid.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

feralseppo

Billy Hamilton status
Feb 28, 2006
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

That's a panic. You know someone fed that BS to him. Greenough is like 80. Most of his design work was pretty firmly established by 1968, 1969. How old was Tomo's dad in '69? 11, 12, 13? Less? He was probably still working on his first boner at that point. Unless... did Greenough start marketing one of his mats as the Woman Wrestler or something?

EDIT: I just looked it up. According to what I found in 1969 he was about 4 years old. So he was probably barely potty trained at that point.

:bricks:
Elder Thompson's bio says he started his board building career doing ding repair in 1979.

silentbutdeadly

Duke status
Sep 26, 2005
Tower 13
Folks that surf oside go up and talk to him and get his take.

He was entertaining. I thought he was a troll up until fairly recently.

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Dude posted some pretty wildly ignorant claims about surf design, and slander/libel about other shapers' character because he was convinced they were copying Tomo. So much for "turn the other cheek", eh? I personally like Tomos designs, but man, it was weird that someone could be so cultishly devoted to one shaper and feel the need to disparage others- whose boards he'd never ridden. Those things were hard to ignore, but I did appreciate the grom-like surf stoke.
The shots people took at his surfing were harsh but then again, he is the one who put pics/video out there to be critiqued.

Reactions: Goodfish

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Mid 70's Multi concave bottom - dissed as a 65 cent attempt - actually the forerunner of deep 6 channels

Mike Croteau made the Croteau Equipe while doing the Brewer Label around 1974

Tri Plane bottom with 2 center concaves = 4 across - full length exiting as a double concave

Another 65 cent attempt :)

My Tri Fin Hovercraft is from my making Tri Fins in the 70's - infuenced by the Brewer ones .

Mike Whisnant just rode my personal and said he now has to rethink everything :)

Another 65 cent design

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Mid 70's Multi concave bottom - dissed as a 65 cent attempt - actually the forerunner of deep 6 channels

Mike Croteau made the Croteau Equipe while doing the Brewer Label around 1974

Tri Plane bottom with 2 center concaves = 4 across - full length exiting as a double concave

Another 65 cent attempt :)

My Tri Fin Hovercraft is from my making Tri Fins in the 70's - infuenced by the Brewer ones .

Mike Whisnant just rode my personal and said he now has to rethink everything :)

Another 65 cent design
Tomo makes great stuff !

But there can be - More than One

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
For sure. Not sure why he couldn't grasp that. Now that he's not here to insist Tomo's family invented it all, you're preaching to the choir!
:shaka: