Come clean about your dislike for Trumby. Do you hate HIM or his policies? Or Both?

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Obamacare mostly just expanded the rolls of Medicaid (or Medi-Cal in CA).

I've had to pay many $10s of $1000's more in just premiums alone the last 6 years. If you run a small business and pay your own health insurance, it's been a brutal hit to your wallet.

People constantly say health premiums were increasing more prior to Obamacare, in "percentages". That "might" be true in that twist on the numbers or $$$ paid. But actual costs have gone up WAY more since ACA went into place for most.

It's one thing when your insurance premium goes from $100 a month to $150 a month. Ya, a huge 50% increase sounds terrible.

It's another when it goes from $600 a month to $1500 a month over only 3 years (2014-2016). Ya, that's "less" than 50% a year, but look at the difference paid in just that short period of time. This was increasing WAY more than inflation and other normal cost increases at the time.

What sounds worse, a $50 a month increase in a year, or a $900 a MONTH increase in 3 years?

And to kick you in the teeth further, paying WAY more, for WAY less coverage, along with increased co-pays and deductibles. This was ALL happening long before Trump was elected.

It was a lie I will never forget, and economically affected many millions of people. It's also why our economy was stagnating in 2015, 2016, with no hope of climbing out of it in sight. Hillary was more of the same, if not worse.
I'm fairly certain hal sucks on the government tit so he has no grasp on what that shitty law did to the premiums and coverage of families like mine. He's got no fukking clue.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
As a man he’s a POS.

As a president he’s doing pretty good.

As for policy, it’s mixed with me.

No new wars
His trade craziness is beginning to pay off
Tax policy is a good start

Immigration policy is sh!t
the wall is sh!t
abortion policy is sh!t
spending is out of control

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
Obamacare mostly just expanded the rolls of Medicaid (or Medi-Cal in CA).

I've had to pay many $10s of $1000's more in just premiums alone the last 6 years. If you run a small business and pay your own health insurance, it's been a brutal hit to your wallet.

People constantly say health premiums were increasing more prior to Obamacare, in "percentages". That "might" be true in that twist on the numbers or $$$ paid. But actual costs have gone up WAY more since ACA went into place for most.

It's one thing when your insurance premium goes from $100 a month to $150 a month. Ya, a huge 50% increase sounds terrible.

It's another when it goes from $600 a month to $1500 a month over only 3 years (2014-2016). Ya, that's "less" than 50% a year, but look at the difference paid in just that short period of time. This was increasing WAY more than inflation and other normal cost increases at the time.

What sounds worse, a $50 a month increase in a year, or a $900 a MONTH increase in 3 years?

And to kick you in the teeth further, paying WAY more, for WAY less coverage, along with increased co-pays and deductibles. This was ALL happening long before Trump was elected.

It was a lie I will never forget, and economically affected many millions of people. It's also why our economy was stagnating in 2015, 2016, with no hope of climbing out of it in sight. Hillary was more of the same, if not worse.
Yup.

Also, my insurance is required to cover my wife and I for things like birth control and we can’t even make babies.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
The point is 99% of Trump's lies are benign lies and boastful nonsense.
Agree to disagree!

I think trump would have been fun to party with back in the day.

But so would have Jeffery Epstine.

Broken record: Everyone should read A Very Stable Genius.

Great reporting.

Not FAKE NEWS

What surprised me about that book is how many people working for trump were trying to make things work in spite trump's lack of fitness as a leader.

They all end up under the bus.

That is my take away.

You engage with trump and you end up under the bus.

Which was always my intuitive conclusion.

But maybe we'll get lucky.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
you think most people on the erBB read? It’s a message board inhabited by (alleged) surfers and right wing hacks who get their info from Fox News and reddit.
Based on old political threads before there was a Political section, I think the erBB is way more left than you think, just there are a ton of people who never, ever post in Political. Go find a thread from the Bush/Kerry era and the same DiscoTex ilk were always in every thread, but there was a mass of center/left people.

You'll see the occasional post like in political from people who maybe chime in 1x/year in this section. Look at anything climate related that winds up in the general section.

IMHO for every right-leaning erBBer who doesn't post in political there's two left of center who don't.

And the crises Trump has faced are all minor fckups 110% of his own making. He's basically gotten lucky for 3 years but if he actually has a 9/11 or a real recession then I'll be Autoprax levels of worried.

Reactions: Kento

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
Maybe Trump will realize the gravity of the office he holds and become more presidential in his second term.

Then again he could become more like Mussolini.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
He'll become less Presidential. He now knows he can get away with almost anything, he knows nothing his base wants is getting past Nancy and possibly Schumer, 2020 depending, and if he's not planning on running for re-election in 2024 what would the pretense be for?

My Dad's 78. His ability to refrain from being the hugest asshole possible to almost everyone, for absolutely no reason at all, has been hang gliding with an anchor relative to the early 70s. My mom and I find ourselves saying the same things to him he'd say to me when I was 4 years old, and we weren't on eggshells every time we went out in public just five years ago. He had some semblance of patience, some ability to hold his tongue. Now, someone gets within sensory perception, it's about even money he'll talk sh!t under his breath, which in many settings, everyone can hear.

Trump's been completely graceless his entire life.

I hope Bloomberg or Buttigieg or someone other than Biden or Bernie gets the nom on account of how ugly the campaign will be. I don't see Bernie/Biden keeping their cool on a debate stage the way HRC did. I'd give it 1 in 4 odds of a Grampy fight, literal feeble fisticuffs, if one of those two faces Trump in the general.